RPM A-ARMS broke

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkman07

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Today i was drving my t-maxx around. Just running up and down the street. So as I'm goin down the street a rock jumped out in front of me!!:marshall: (Neighbors were doing yard work.)

So i hit the rock goin maybe 1/4 throttle and the Lower RPM a-arms snapped. And the 2 shocks snapped and the driveshaft snapped . Oh well dont really know how much everything is going to cost. But i think i am going to buy a new set of rpm arms, different shocks, new drive shafts and ROTO start system. Any oppinions on the new shocks?? My money is kidns tight right now.

FRANKIE

RPM has a lifetime warrenty so you can get the lower arms for free when you send the broken ones in.

Originally posted by Domination
RPM has a lifetime warrenty so you can get the lower arms for free when you send the broken ones in.

What he said.....

That must have been a big rock and in "jumped out in front of you"....you must have some active rocks in your parts.

Their's allot of great shocks on the market but the vast majority (like any rc hopups really) aren't cheap. If your looking for seriously durability, I'd seriously reco the OFNA Buggy shocks.

Yup, RPM will take care of you for free on the arms. For the money the Traxxas Big Bores for the Maxx are a decent shock. All aluminum body and cap, titanium nitride coated shafts as well.
I have a set and I think I paid $60 bucks for the eight of them.

If you can find some Traxxass big bores for around $60.00 like MilitaryMaxx, that's an excellent price for some nice shocks. I ran the Bigbores for quite some time and the only way I could bend a shockpin was going into a wall doing 40..hehe.

These are pretty good shocks:
Hi-a10120-4shockKit.jpg

Hobby Shop - NJ

Just do a search (CTRL-F) in the page for "UE10120".

You can buy just 4 now and 4 later if money is tight. If it's just a 2.5 maxx, then you should be fine with only 4 anyway.

Originally posted by 30%NitroBoy

What he said.....

That must have been a big rock and in "jumped out in front of you"....you must have some active rocks in your parts.

Their's allot of great shocks on the market but the vast majority (like any rc hopups really) aren't cheap. If your looking for seriously durability, I'd seriously reco the OFNA Buggy shocks.

yea, i have RPm a-arms and i have ran into trees, fence posts, walls, and tumbled my truck many times and havent broke them.

On my t-maxx i have Thunder Quake aluminum rear shocks and Hot Bodies aluminum front shocks. works pretty good. the thunder quake shocks are pretty big around, about twice the size of the hot bodies ones. the ones The ones Olds suggested i was thinkin about getting and tryin them out. But i think they went up on the price, i think they were $54.99 now they are $69.99.

later

god i hate powerline shocks!!! Oh well guesss this is a good reason to replace them. Might get big bore shocks or wait a little and save up for those PRO-LINE shocks. Anyone have them yet??

Frankie

Originally posted by drkman07
god i hate powerline shocks!!! Oh well guesss this is a good reason to replace them. Might get big bore shocks or wait a little and save up for those PRO-LINE shocks. Anyone have them yet??

Frankie

i personally dont believe in those new Pro-line shocks, i think its a gimick to make u spend more money. at first i was like wow but i would rather stick with what i got. u could probly get the same set up with half the money.

later

Just wondering if i was to get say OFNA 9.5 shocks, should i get the front ones or the rear ones? I figure they are different lengths, so which ones would fit the t-maxx? i think the front ones fit the maxx. anyone know?

later

I got the ones from the link I posted above. According to Unlimited, they are in-between, but I'm not 100% sure. I bought front 9.5 shock shafts from tower, but I haven't compared them yet to see how much longer or shorter they are.

Originally posted by drkman07
Today i was drving my t-maxx around. Just running up and down the street. So as I'm goin down the street a rock jumped out in front of me!!:marshall: (Neighbors were doing yard work.)
Rocks jumping in front of me don't bother me too much. Huge Floor fans and BMW's are another story.

The only bad thing about RPM's Warranty is you have to send it back and wait for them to send you a new one. I would generally keep a spare of everything RPM related in my tool box so I could still be running while I was waiting for parts to be replaced.

Back