Resurrection of the Nitro Crusher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a sneak peak at what I got going on for suspension. The shocks I ordered are exactly what I was looking for, it allowed me to have 4 shocks total instead of 8, and it also allowed me to change up the angle. It gave it a little bit of a lift and the drive shafts are happy with it! I am pretty surprised to how it turned out, they seem like it will work out nicely, I am willing to bet it will handle awesome....

DSC05072.JPG
DSC05073.JPG
DSC05077.JPG
DSC05078.JPG
DSC05079.JPG
DSC05084.JPG

I could use some help finding parts. I am looking for these little rod/pins. They take a c-clip on each end. I have not had much luck finding them but I do not know what they are technically called...

DSC05088.JPG
DSC05089.JPG

Is it technically a "round rod"?

Last edited:
If they connect your control arms to your diff housings, they are most likely hinge pins. Try Lunsford if you can't find any Kyosho replacements.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. But now I have to try and find some that show the measurements, and I have to measure mine. I know mine are about 2" long, roughly 50mm, but I cannot find my gap tool to see how thick. I am looking for something longer than what the truck has now so I can do some mods...

I am thinking about hooking up my front suspension there as it would fit really nice and work well, but my best bet would be to use one of those hinge pins a little longer to compensate for the thickness of the shock, or find a pin that is threaded that will lock in there....

I have found a couple alternatives just in case...

Last edited:

I have a few of those actually, I just could not locate one right off, my space has been a mess, as well as the garage... But I am turning away from that idea too because I found a shock mount system for the lower arm that worked out fine. So I had to do just about 0 mods and was able to mount in these shocks. Having the 8 little shocks made it to be pretty stiff or too soft. These here seem like they are going to work amazingly.

I actually had a question about tires. How can you get them looking super new? I tried washing / scrubbing and then oiling with a light coat, they needed it anyway were getting pretty dry. I saw a vid on youtube where a kid suggested shoe polish but idk. Is that a good idea?

It is a resurrection alright! A vampire that went from the coffin right to cocaine! I do intend to put a .28 engine on it with a direct drive. I think it is going to be an intense machine once I do.

My theory is the old trucks were geared to make fast and powerful use of the weaker old school engines. I cannot imagine how some of these old trucks would do with todays larger engines.

Tell me about it! I have been ending this semester of college and have had no time to put into it lately with final projects and other work..

Last things I did was order a bunch of msc parts, from new blue fuel lines, hardware, a lipo battery for it, the meter thing, and other little msc things...
I also stripped it again and cleaned everything so well it looks like new, all black plastic got a dye bath which took out all the dirt scuffs. I also brushed down all metal to look new..

I also mapped out the chassis to better mount one of the servos, allowing me to remove an un-needed plastic plate at the front. And I started to set up the mounts for a .28 motor... And I prepped the rims for new chrome paint, just removed the tires and worked the old chipped paint off.

The savage shocks are amazing on it. I have not had it out with them yet but I can tell they are going to work great. I had great luck setting up the mounts, and I ended up with a second set of the shocks because I had bid on more than one listing and won. So I did some measuring and found I might be able to fit all 8 if I can grab the custom CNC swing arms that allow for the displacement of the shocks.

I did have a couple of cool ideas for it as far as a body. One I think it would be cool to fit a bus body on it.. Another neat idea I had when looking at a tonka dump truck was to mount the dump body and cab onto this rig. Then it would be like a nitro monster r/c version of the tonka truck! Might have to make an indent in the bed to fit the engine but I might be able to cap it like a wheel well...

i looked at his profile after i posted and saw that, was thinking he might get a thread reply notification email

We're assuming he's now doing some serious prison time and won't be replying for another 5 to 15 years.
Had to do with some kind of tragic farming accident due to removing round rods or pins from a thresher.

I know this thread is ancient now, but I was wondering if anyone knew the model number of those shocks the OP used....I am restoring an old Nitro Crusher myself, and need to replace the stock shocks which are leaking all over the place. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure this guy replaced the 8 stock shocks with 4 Savage shocks. You might be able to locate new or used originals on ebay.