Receiver: antenna help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to ley you all know..i fixed it!!! It took a few times but i got it right. Wouldn't have been able to do it with all the input.

THANKS!!!!!

How long should the antenna wire be? I had a simlar problem where my wire got cut from rubbing between my roll cage and the concrete when I rolled my tmaxx. :)

We need to know what type of receiver you have, and if it's AM or FM. If you know anyone with the same setup as you, just measure it. They still work with a shortened wire, but it will also shorten your range.

It is a T-maxx with the stock TRQ3 AM radio. I have a friend with the same radio, but a different frequency. Could I measure his, and assume it is the same?

Originally posted by wannarunem
Whats a good temp to solder with?

A good solder temp is from 380 to 410 deg. You must have atleast 85% of the original length so you don't get any signal degradation. Tin the bare wire before you solder, this is better than feeding solder because it limits the amount of solder you use and prevent cross buss solders, whis is accidently shorting circuits with too much solder. Watts mean nothing when soldering as long as you can dial in the temp.

Originally posted by lakkdainen
It is a T-maxx with the stock TRQ3 AM radio. I have a friend with the same radio, but a different frequency. Could I measure his, and assume it is the same?

Yes, no problem. When I was using that radio, I had 3 sets of crystals that I switched depending on what other frequency was running at the same time. No problem.

Back