RCTalk VRC Race Club (VRCT)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not 100% sure, I was swapping them around. I believe the GRP were the last I was using. I can check tonight and let you know for sure.

Holy hell... you need to change your tires bro!

I just finished about 20 laps of practice. I think I'm as close to an ideal setup as I'm going to get without spending a rediculous amount of time over-analyzing it. I'm good to go for my run. Just gonna charge up my Tx batteries tomorrow so as not to have THAT issue.

Nice looking run, Josh.

You'll get no competition from me. My USB adapter has been acting up again. Resoldered it for the third time. Went to shift some wires and tore off a solder pad. So looks like that's in the trash. Not sure when I'll be able to replace it. So looks like I'm out. At least for a while, if not for the season...

I just saw they're $20 shipped from the VRC site. Might be back in soon. I guess I'll have to KB it for now.

Wow! They are giving them away.

Definitely to the KB. No way you can recover with no points in even just one week.

Well, there you go. Using the keyboard is nothing short of an exercise in futility. Seriously. It's almost impossible to drive with it. Marshalled on almost every lap. But hey, it's a time. So whatever, I guess.

It's like "start and park" Jeff. You're familiar with that. It is what it is bro, but that sucks. I hope you can manage to pick-up a new adapter soon.

$20 shipped on VRC? That's a lot cheaper than when I was looking before the season. Sorry you're having troubles Jeff, I want to move up in points but not this way either :\

Josh, I tried different tires but it screws up the rest up the car. I just spin out everywhere. BTW, 17 sec laps? Crap I suck! I hit 18.9 once and 19's several times but........... Like said before, I just don't know how to set up a car for this stuff. When do we go to a dragstrip? :D

I only had one 17 second lap. It even shocked me when I heard it. I had had multiple 18.0 laps during my practices but never down into 17s. If you want we can work on your setup from the get go for the next road course. I just need you to be very specific about what you and the car are doing and when. The key is just to be comfortable though. There is a division line though... a point where setup changes aren't going to make you any faster. That's when better driving comes into play. I've pretty much stalled out on my setup abilities right now and together with my driving abilities I'm right about 97-98% club racer speed. During this race I followed one AI car for many many laps without gaining or losing much. That is until I went off course :) I'm now at the point where my driving skills aren't good enough to take advantage of any small setup advantages I might make.

You had 2 17sec laps :p: I'm sure my drivings skill are lacking a bunch too,still a rookie needing lots of practice. Besides that,I don't know that I can tell you exactly what happens when for you to accurately diagnose the problems. I have found that I get better running with the AI cars in practice though. I can hang with some for short periods, just can't stay consistant.

I can hang with some for short periods, just can't stay consistant.

Same thing happens to me when I crank up the AI speed. I can run with the 98% but if I make an error (which I generally always do) I lose touch. I just wish I could have different levels of AI on the track at once. I should Email VRC and suggest that option.

I can help if you want but the forum is not a good place to communicate since we really have to go back and forth continuously. If you want to work on your setup over I'm that would be better.

I want to play but my internet is too slow.

You don't need fast internet to run VRC. The racing is not live over the internet so there is no streaming data. It's just a computer program that uses the internet as a means to compare times to others. If your computer is up to snuff for the software then you can race even if you are on dial-up.

I can help if you want but the forum is not a good place to communicate since we really have to go back and forth continuously. If you want to work on your setup over I'm that would be better.

I haven't done I'm for years, not even signed up on any of them.

Come play bigjay, we'd be glad to have you!

I will see about ordering the stuff this week but it will be a while before I try to run with you guys.

Back