RCTalk VRC Race Club (VRCT)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK great! I know we already have the sticky but I'll start another one. That can be our official newspaper where I'll post times, points, and anything else I can think of.. I'll just need a couple days to get it all situated.

Last edited:
The week of December 10th has concluded and the results are in. Longer sessions at both Kakegawa and RC Speedway yield relatively widened win margins than we have seen in recent races. Although Lessen's consistancy was far from brilliant at the Oval this week he manages to keep it clean enough to take the win. Looking at the numbers he seems to have a bit of an edge over Candyman with 1:8 scale whereas the competition between these two has been much tighter with 1:10 touring cars. It looks like Lessen may have taken tires in his first pit. 90 plus laps will certainly put a beating on tires with these super fast race cars.

Savagefan04 has come back into competition this week at Kakegawa and put up some pretty fine looking numbers. A pretty tough track with a treacherous infield demands precision in order to produce consistant lap times.

KakegawaDec10F.gif

KakegawaDec10F2.gif

KakegawaDec10F3.gif

SpeedwayDec10F.gif

SpeedwayDec10F2.gif

SpeedwayDec10F3.gif

SpeedwayDec10F4.jpg

SpeedwayDec10F5.gif

ROUND 2
Round 2 this week clearly displays Candyman's ability to turn right as well as left. Candyman manages again to finish just as many laps at the road course as the leader. A little bit of fine tuning of both his car and his route will surely put him right up there in the hunt.

Our second session at RC Speedway has brought consistancy back to Lessen's side. He faltered severely in Round 1 but managed to find his groove on Tuesday. It seems as though Candyman hasn't quite found all of the speed in these larger 1/8 scale machines, as he doesn't seem to be running the fast laps we're used to seeing him lay down. All in good time, I'm positive our Finale will be very exciting.

KakegawaDec10R2.gif

KakegawaDec10R22.gif

SpeedwayDec10R2.gif

SpeedwayDec10R22.gif

SpeedwayDec10R23.gif

SpeedwayDec10R24.gif

SpeedwayDec10R25.gif

ROUND 1

Balance is the good word this week at Tamiya's own Kakegawa Circuit. This track with a wide array of challenges will certainly test our drivers ability to setup their cars to their liking. With a mixture of fast and slow technical turns Kakegawa Tamiya is no picnic. Nail the setup and you nail the win. It seems all of our racers have about the same feel for Kakegawa as everybody's consistancy fell within the same realm.

1:8 scale is back at RC Speedway this week. With lap times a whole second faster than 1:10 scale precision is much more difficult to find. Candyman put down the fastest segment in Round 1 by a mere tenth of a second over Lessen. Running consecutive clean laps is much more difficult than with touring cars. Candyman certainly has upped the ante this week.

KakegawaDec10R1.gif

KakegawaDec10R12.gif

KakegawaDec10R13.gif

SpeedwayDec10R1.gif

SpeedwayDec10R12.gif

SpeedwayDec10R13.gif

SpeedwayDec10R14.gif

Last edited:
You guys are really smokin' the oval. I spent almost 2 hours there last night driving from the stand, and only had one lap under 9 seconds, and that was 8.9.
There's not one inch of wall I haven't caressed. I left with a headache, burning eyes and a broken heart.

same with me. i just can't get my set up right to compete with those times. i spent about an hour last night and couldnt get lower than 7.5ish. i'm not sure what the deal is, but i can't get the flat turn figured out.

congrats to you guys for posting some very impressive times.

Dont' sweat the times fellas. I'd just like to see everybody runnin. As long as we have 4 or 5 people competing I think you'll find that everybody will pair up with at least one other person that is close to the same speed bracket. The more participation there is the better I can track everybody's individual progress as well. I'd like to put together some Driver Progress charts as well so ya'll can see how your personal times compare.

Yikes! Boss Speed isn't as easy as it looks. 2 things are killing me. First is that little corner marker on the "front straight". I keep trying to straighten out the run, but I always just clip the marker which flips me the whole rest of the stretch. The other thing is really pissing me off. Did you guys notice there are a couple corners (especially the 2 just before the Start/Finish line) that if you even so much as put a micron of the tire on the rumble strip it will automatically tell you you're off-track and you have to marshall? It sucks because I try to just barely cut those 2 corners and I keep getting busted for "shortcutting". Which is total BS because I'm still almost completely on the track. It makes it difficult to straighten the corners...

I had another rough time last night trying to squeeze in a few runs. Boss Speed is tough. I kept getting marshalled for cutting the last corner before the finish line. There were a couple times I swore I took the corner clean. I also seem to run much better about halfway through the heat once the tires get a little loose. The car flows better and I can start picking up a rythm.

Stoopid question here but how the heck do you do a pitstop? Every time I try to pit the car refuses to refuel.

come down pit road and stop the car right in front of you. You need to be as close to the wall as possible or you won't be able to fuel. When you have the car stopped a yellow circle will highlight around the car. This shows that you can now initiate the pitstop. Press "F" for fuel and/or "T" for tires if you want them. I don't think our runs are long enough to require new tires.

time sheet posted in a couple minutes.

Boss Speed is a pain. I still get busted on that last corner and it sucks. I find the middle run is better. Tires are worn in a bit and fuel is lower. That seems to be typical on all tracks.
On the oval I just can't get a decent rhythm. I rip off a few decent laps, but usually end up in the boards. And last night right near the end of one run the throttle spring in my transmitter broke! So I tried to finish with no throttle return. PITA!

Anyway, to do a pitstop, pull in the pits and stop in the box. But when you do, make sure you stop as close to the inside curb as you can. You'll see a yellow circle around your car when you're in the right spot. Then press "F" and you'll fuel. Press "T" for tires. Plus, when you're in the circle you can make chassis adjustments. Definitely practice it offline because the next few runs tomorrow will require a pitstop.

Thanks guys.

My goal tonight is to run smooth. I need to shave some serious time off my laps otherwise Candy will overtake me in points in the Oval Club.

Photobucket is screwin this up for me. Damnit,this is pissin me off

*edit*

ok, I got 'er fixed. F'n PITA.

Just so you guys now, I'll be updating this every Tues., Wed., Fri. morning so check the News thread. Since it's just an edit it won't show up on the main forum page as having anything new. Nice lookin runs guys. :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

My goal tonight is to run smooth. I need to shave some serious time off my laps otherwise Candy will overtake me in points in the Oval Club.

The one thing that I try to do (and I elude to it in my news report) is NOT to try to run super fast laps all of the time. Over a 5 minute period I realize that there are times where I feel like I'm really in the zone and then there are times where I know I'm not quite getting it done. Maybe the car is changing or maybe it's just my focus. At any rate, if I'm not in the zone I sort of just run around the middle for a couple laps untill I get the feel back. I may run 2/10s slower for those few laps but it's better than forcing the issue which generally puts me in boards and costing me full seconds.

Last edited:
I guess that's my issue, I'm trying to run 110% all the time because I'm trying to shave at least 2 seconds off my current laptimes. I need to learn to sit back and relax and not over drive the car.

yep, that's what happens, especially when you make a big mistake. You try to make up for it and end up making it worse. I have to relax and get my head straight and get back to it when I'm calm. The last few laps at the oval offer the same "head issues". I can see it in the times and charts. Both Jeff and myself are guilty.. time spikes toward the end of the run cuz we're trying to squeeze out those last couple tenths but we overdrive the car and end up running slower rather than faster. There's a lot more to it than just getting out there and turning the wheel that's for sure.

Hey fellas, I just realized that I won't be here to post the time sheet Friday. I'll be out of town untill Sunday evening.

Back