RCTalk VRC Race Club (VRCT)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seem to be doing better during the race.

How you manage to rip these 19 sec laps is beyond me! :bow:

Congrats Josh for winning the first heat!

I need to work on setup, I can't break the 22 second barrier. Car keeps pushing at the corner exit.

Ohhh, I see how thisis gonna work.. We can't see the track conditions of the next heat until the previous heat is over. Good thing we have majority of a day to figure it out. Very cool.

How you manage to rip these 19 sec laps is beyond me! :bow:

I think I have to attribute much of that to setup.. With such slick conditions driving ability can only get you so far. I was not able to do any better than 21's with my normal Lux setup. It literaly felt like ice.

Absorbers.gif

Suspension.gif

Suspension-Rear.gif

Transmission.gif

Tires.gif

Steeringtoe-angledimensions.gif

man you guys are killing me! Making me wish I was in on this.

Well c'mon then... The more the merrier!

Car keeps pushing at the corner exit.

couple things can fix that.. as is anything, they all have their side affects. You can loosen up the rear (many ways of doing that). Changing your caster can also have a dramatic affect on your corner entry and exit. More caster create a quicker turn-in but a slower exit (making the car SEEM tight). Less caster creates a more linear steering feel. Turn-in will not be as abrupt but corner exit will be quicker, allowing the car to "turn out" with better response.

BTW- Nice consistant runs their Dom :thumbup:

Last edited:
Well c'mon then... The more the merrier!

I really wish I could, just ain't got the extra cabbage right now. I would have to buy VRC, the USB adapter, and upgrade my computer since it is not compatible with my graphics card. Not to mention I am no on road racer by any stretch of the imagination and have NO clue on setting up an on road car for racing.

I really wish I could, just ain't got the extra cabbage right now. I would have to buy VRC, the USB adapter, and upgrade my computer since it is not compatible with my graphics card.

I hear ya. It all adds up.

Not to mention I am no on road racer by any stretch of the imagination and have NO clue on setting up an on road car for racing.

neither was I untill I got it. All I know about on-road racing and car setup I learned from Gran Turismo video games. Other things such as Diffs, I learned here regarding buggies. I'm nowhere near pro fast but I do ok.

Looks like Gabe is in the lead with his consistent driving. I only have time to put down two attempts tonight but I finally broke into the 19s thanks to Josh's set-up. I'm having to pit once in the 7 minute heat.

It took me forever to figure out how to take the first left after the straight. Keep it close to the apex and you can whip around at 3/4 throttle.

Looks like Gabe is in the lead with his consistent driving. I only have time to put down two attempts tonight but I finally broke into the 19s thanks to Josh's set-up. I'm having to pit once in the 7 minute heat.

It took me forever to figure out how to take the first left after the straight. Keep it close to the apex and you can whip around at 3/4 throttle.

I never even attempted that setup for tonights grip level... How is it?

yeah, the fastest way around that turn seems to be on the bottom. more so because it gives you a better entry into the immediate right. Getting through the following right, left, right bend can REALLY improve your time.

guys i got lucky! i kinda used the set up that Josh posted, but some of his changes yielded different numbers for me. Are all the cars equal? I thought that they were...that names were just for marketing.

as for the track, i'm still in the low 20's and usually use the car's momentum to carrier me thru the first turn. after that is throttle punches thru the next series of turns. its not the best method to carry low times, but until i get all these tuning options under control its the best for me.

guys i got lucky! i kinda used the set up that Josh posted, but some of his changes yielded different numbers for me. Are all the cars equal? I thought that they were...that names were just for marketing.

Yes, all of the cars are the same. I didn't even know that until recently. All the brands are there just to show driver preference.. same with tires. Also, I did not use the same setup that I posted.. that was a setup that I had put together Fri. specifically for the slick conditions. I'll post my setup from Sat. below.

as for the track, i'm still in the low 20's and usually use the car's momentum to carrier me thru the first turn. after that is throttle punches thru the next series of turns. its not the best method to carry low times, but until i get all these tuning options under control its the best for me.

I don't know man.. that sounds good to me. That's pretty much the same way I tackle the first half of the track....
Full throttle across the top straight and slowly roll out of the throttle as I aim for the low side. Back to the throttle on exit for only an instant before a soft brake into the right hander. A gentle punch of throttle before pitching it back to the left with hard throttle. Hard on the brakes for the midfield right hairpin. I wonder if there is a way to post a replay somehow..

Transmission-1.gif

Tires-1.gif

Suspension_Rear.gif

Suspension-1.gif

Steeringtoe-angledimensions-1.gif

Absorbers-1.gif

Last edited:
I used the shock and spring setting that Josh posted earlier. Here is the rest. Engine and pipe are on the low-mid end, same with gearing. I like the way the car handles it's my reflexes that aren't up to par.

Edit: I just checked the heat results from last night ...17s damn you are fast Josh!

Attachments

• lux steering.JPG
    lux steering.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 59
  • luxeng.JPG
    luxeng.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 51
  • luxgears.JPG
    luxgears.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OMG that looks like a loose setup! It looks like you prefer are very fast turn in. Does your car twitch getting into the bank?

*edit*
Ok Eddy, I see how it's gonna be.. Teasin' us with all that grip just to take it away again :) 10 minutes of that is gonna be tough.. Good luck everybody.

BTW- Eddy.. when are you gettin' in on this?

*edit*
Oh my! Now this is cool. Not only do you definately need a pitstop.. tire wear becomes a factor. I just finished a 10 minute practice and my handling had really gone away by the 2 minute warning. The front right gets beat up significantly from that banked corner. I'm going to attempt to upload a vid of my practice run. I'm using the same setup as in the 1st heat.

Last edited:
The car doesn't seem too twitchy. I do prefer a fast turn in and hard on the throttle at corner exit.

Good luck to all. I wish I had time to practice today, probably just get to sneak a couple heats in before 11:30.

Sorry guys.

Had a lot going on yesterday and didn't feel up to racing the 2nd heat in the evening.

After looking at the times, it would not have mattered anyway.

I need to quit playing my 360 and practice VRC.

It's all good man. Between the Cup race and the Tribe I had a late night. No big deal. At least you took part in the 1st heat. I'm sure once we set a schedule it'll be a little easier for everybody to make it.

I tried to upload a video of my practice run but youtube limits the size to 100mb. My file was like 688mb. I might try again at a lower quality setting on the cam.

I showed up at the track pretty late last night, so I guess Saturday's runs were already over. I practiced on the track but couldn't do better than 48 seconds at Luxemborg.
Did someone spill fuel on the asphalt? It was really slippery.

OMG...this round is killing me. i'm all over the track (more than usual) it feels like ice out there by minute 8-9.

Back