RCTalk VRC Race Club (VRCT)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys. Just wanted you to know I threw my order for VRC in last night. Hopefully I'll have it by next weekend. I don't know how long it will take me to get up to speed, but I should be in the mix in the next week or 2.

Once you have everything installed and upgraded, you'll have 5 minutes to practice before your 1st heat.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish with one driver still behind me, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
SEE! CONSPIRACY! :D

I'm just playin'. Good to have another racer :thumbup:

anyone have a set up they want to share?

Absolutely. Is there a way we can do a file transfer through I'm or should I just type it all out... that's a PITA. Although, I don't think my Oslo setup is too far from stock, I'm still not sure what specific adjustments I've made.. just a couple things here and there.

? for you guys. is there a monthly fee to play VRC online? not heard of one, but dont know either. neighbors and i are thinking of picking it up?
also is is key code protected? ie only works on one computer.

Thanx
Timmahh

Tim,
You can download the program then pay it monthly ro I believe its by the race if you want. An there id also a fee for the tracks.

The cheapest way is to get the retail package that includes all the tracks and 18 months of play. As far as I know you can register it a few times but can only be live with one registration at a time.

i agree, its probably best to buy the bundled software. you get like 12 tracks, 18 months of online racing and 3 track credits for future downloads. as for sharing the product key, i dont think you can. the one i bought mentioned that you can not re-use the key once its registered.

i'm hoping so!! can we get a days notice to try and set up the cars? i'm leaning for oslo

i'm hoping so!! can we get a days notice to try and set up the cars? i'm leaning for oslo

yeah, that's what I would like to see. 1 or 2 days notice on what track.. I mean, it's not like we can't practice any track anyways but it would be nice for everybody to know what track so we can set up specifically in any given week.

Let's ask Mr. Race Director to set up the heats for this week.

I'm up for racing at Oslo.

nice. can't wait...
whats everyone averaging on Oslo? i'm in the 30's second range...toping out at 25 on a few laps.

I haven't been practicing at all since last week. Last time I drove Oslo it was in driver view, so I'm thinking low to mid 40's would be about right from the stands.

average 17's?? yikes
maybe we should pick another track? J/k thats great. do u mind sharing your gearing set up?

average 17's?? yikes
maybe we should pick another track? J/k thats great. do u mind sharing your gearing set up?

yeah, no problem. I don't have a problem sharing setups.

Actually, my Oslo setup is bone stock except for brake strength. I increased that to 50%. It's really all about being smooth and getting comfortable with the track. Oslo is a relatively fast layout which makes it easy to overdrive. Lots of sweepers that make you feel like you can take 'em faster but will only slow you down. Smoot, smooth, smooth. Especially the downhill right hander just before the last turn.. hit that right and save a lot of time.

Sorry for not being around much this week.
I've had a lot on my plate.

I'm going to setup a new race today. It will be a 3 day event with a run each day.
Ill post an announcement.

The new format looks challenging with the longer races. Great idea!

Back