RC10GT Differential

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbmaxxbasher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
On my rc10gt, I replaced the bearings inside my diff. I know this is probably a complete newb question, but how tight to I screw it in? Both sides are held together by one screw. I can tighten it down to a stopping point, but it feels like it grinds. If I loosen it up it feels fine, but I don't want my diff coming apart in the trans.

bumpety bump

Just tighten it pretty tight but not so tight that ur strippin the threads in the diff case, you can put some loctite on the screws too if u want, but its not necessary.

well, if you want to go by the instructions....tighten it down completely then loosen 1/8 turn.

NO LOCKTITE!
It should have a nylock nut.
If I remember correctly there is a spring on the bolt that goes through. Tighten it till the spring is compressed all the way and back it off 1/8th to 1/4 turn.

Hmmm need to look at the manual to see if I'm right.

Edit.
Yes there is a spring #6582.
Proper instructions above.

Did you use some silicone grease inside the dif?

yea, I've got it in there. I think it'll be fine, I'm gonna monitor it on it's first run.

make sure, when you put it in the tranny, that the diff adjustment screw is on the right side. Otherwise it will not stay tight.

Just got done rebuilding my diff, make sure you you got all the right carbide balls in place. They are not interchangable. You tighten that screw till it bottoms out, do not overtighten it! Then back it off until the diff spins smoothly, not freely, just smoothly.

Back