RC Magazines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypedonrc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I don't know about where you live, but here around Columbus you couldn't find a RC magazine anywhere except a hobby shop until here recently. Still haven't seen them in gas stations, but they are in all the grocery stores, and book stores.

i looked at a couple and bought 1 myself outta the local LHS. i realized cool 2 look at as as kid and dream. but now all u see is fluff, and as an adult, u know its fluff.

good luck, just thought i'd throw that out there.

-Ult

Borders Books carries a line of RC magazines...

I found some neat tips in this months addition of RC Driver . Stuff most of you already know and i guess the longer you have been in Nitro the less you have to read about it you already know it. But for new commers like myself i dont read the car reviews. I do that when i do to buy a car and my budget means more to me than the review. They show a tips and tricks section this month. A section also on painting i am getting ready to do my first paintjob. I got this one at Wal-Mart no were else here has it. I dont even have a LHS the closest one is 45 minutes north east the next is about 1 hour due north. Welcome to Alabama

olds97_lss said:
I subscribe to xtreme rc cars mag. I like it a lot better than RCCA's line of magizines. It seams a lot less biased and more honest in their reviews.

www.rc411.com

Yep, I LOVE that magazine. They actually make it interesting and are far less biased than RCCA

I like Xtreme as well & RC Car. But I still have a subscribtion to all of them in case I miss something.

All the mags that are not RCCA or it's affiliates are more subjective, IMO. RCCA is good, but you have to read between the lines more. I get most of them just so I can drool over all the new stuff...

But, has anyone noticed them poping up places other than the hobby shop, or have they always been there where you live?

They have always been at my LHS but I can't find them in the store.

RC Driver seems to be the popular one around here (Aurora). I can pick it up at the Grocer's and Wal Mart

I bought 2 mags when I was looking to get back into this after 15 years....I hate Fluff....just give the facts if that's you then try these or recommend to new friends

this one for people who are looking to get a first car and are totally clueless
http://www.southeastrc.com/item/MAN1007

and this one when they get the clue and start pestering you w/ questions
http://www.southeastrc.com/item/MAN1014

the second one is a must for everybody just getting into this....I keep this in my box and have gotten some looks when I pull it out but eventually someone else comes over and looks through it and says "huh, that's something I didn't know"...so it must be full of good stuff right...
I just can't stand spending 5 bucks for a book af advertisements....We have internet for the window shop drooling time....and as long as we pay top dollar for the mag the will just get more filled w/ crap.......

Just my opinion....

sometimes I like the ads... sometimes. WHen I recived my last RCCA I say a duel pipe for the revo, and A xsweet looking pipe for a savage... I might buy the one for the savage . But I hate the ad is for something that has been out for a long time. like a t-maxx or a mini-t or even a savage ad

I get my RC mags from the LHS but I have seen them at 7-11's and grocery stores as well. I like Hi-Torque's R/C Car magazine the best, it's smaller than the other magazines but there reviews seem better and more informative to me.

olds97_lss said:
I subscribe to xtreme rc cars mag. I like it a lot better than RCCA's line of magizines. It seams a lot less biased and more honest in their reviews.

www.rc411.com

I love XRC.

I love XRC too, except for that Derek Buono guy. :)

Is the mag really that good? I am going to subcribe :)

RC Driver IMO is the best mag out right now. I read all the reviews each month and it seems they really try to pint out what they don't like without being too harsh. Seems to keep the advertisers happy. I also like the fact that these guys take the time to do an article on the Savage now and then instead if keeping their noses up Traxxas' brown holes. Sure, they do articles on the Maxx and Revo too but at least the other MTs get a fair shot at equal time. Ever notice that in RCCA, there is NEVER a reader's ride that is a Savage? Almost all of the MTs they put in are a Maxx based truck. I could go on but I'm done now.

My point is you should get a subscription to RC Driver and check them out.

I love my LHS when it comes to carrying R/C magazines. They got them all and then they always seem to dig up stacks of old issues and sell me them at $1 each. I walked out one day with like 20 old magazines and a couple of new ones and they asked me what I would do with them all, read them of course plus keep a few in the bathroom at work since I get tired of reading car magazines being in the car parts business myself.

Savage .26 - Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium truggy w/Wasp .26 - Lighting Pro 2 w/Wasp .28 - Ofna Ultra LX Pro w/Hyper .21-8pr - Kyosho Kanai II​
rcjump1-95x60-ani-av.gif

Back