Rb S5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YZ400Man

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Have any of you tried the S5? If so what can you tell me about it. Thanks in advance.

I've never heard of an S5. Heard of an S7. Is the S5 an older version, like the C4 is an older version of the C5?

This is a newoff road engine. It uses the same case as the S7 but is a 5 port version for more lowend power.

I have heard nothing of this anywhere, and it is not on the website for RB Products either. Are you sure you don't mean the new RB Concepts S7 II? The S7 is a 7 port, why would they goto a 5 port? more low end? If so, seems silly as the WS7 II and the S7 II already are known for low end torque. Where did you hear this from?

UPDATE - I just found the engine on ebay, with a picture of it and the box - it does exist. Never heard of it before - says its supposed to be for small tracks. Weird.

Maybe you meant the CS 5 port (1003-S) ? That's been around a while and I have one, very nice all round engine. Never heard of an S5.

Nitroaddict, yeah I saw that one on ebay too from PDL Racing, but see nothing on rbproducts.com... strange. But I saw in the forum that someone mentioned it.

Last edited:
I know that it is not listed on their web site, but somebody from the U.S. distributor talks about it in the forums. It was recently released in the U.S. and will soon be released in Europe. I know that some have been sold here in the states, I was hoping to hear from someone who had either seen or actually run one. It is definately not a C5 or a (W)S-7 (II). It is a 5 port sleeve in the S7 block.

Back