Racer/scaler/crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she is done. Mamba monster came in today and i got everything soldered, connected and tested.

This video should answer your question as to whether or not it crawls slow. My rear shaft has more of a taper on the pinion that i realized so if i goose it, it will sling off. (as the video shows) I got it snugged up a little more and it hasn't come off again so it may be ok. I will be putting new pinions in pretty soon anyway as i am sure these axial gears won't last long.

It will pop wheelies in second gear with 50% throttle. i still haven't opened it up yet.
I am packing up the house now but i will certainly post detailed pictures tonight for everyone to see.

I love this truck!

You can hear the spur ticking on the spur gear cover. lol. Its all good.

uploading to the tube really hammers the quality. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
haha thanks. My wife wasn't happy that i trashed the living room to finish the truck and then dumped toys everywhere to crawl over.

pics as promised. I still have alot of cosmetic work to do but at least it runs!

I will try to get a video of some outdoor crawling tomorrow.

IMG_1305.png

IMG_1307.png

IMG_1308.png

IMG_1309.png

IMG_1310.png

haha, yes papa.

wife was having none of it. I picked it all up right after that video. lol

thanks man, i went ahead and drilled my pinion so i could slide a crosspin through the yoke and shaft. I have been popping wheelies around the house and the rear shaft seems fine. i am going to do a little crawling with it today and maybe even get you guys a blistering 15mph speed video. haha

The esc got warm yesterday, i heard the fan kick on for a minute and then it turned back off. The motor never got over 100.

FLM that looks great man...great job on the build!

Thanks man. I think the battery main and tap wires make it look a little cluttered but oh well. :)

Update on runtime: I charged up the batteries and then ran it for around 20 minutes. I am about to head to a gtg so i topped them back off. When i plugged in the charger, my batteries were both at 11.8V. :D woot.

As long as this rain holds off I should have some killer shots for you later and maybe even a little carnage.

Well he we go, i finally got the truck out to bash around with. There is a local guy here with a SWEET rock garden that will beat down any rig you throw at it. Now this isn't a comp rig but it did ok IMO. We ended up driving alot so not alot of pictures were taken but here is a taste.

About 10 minutes into it, i broke the truck. This is weird carnage and its pretty funny because i was looking at the camera and not the truck when i broke it. You can see it break in the video and then i stayed on it till the axle flipped over because i had no idea until then that it was broken. I got it back up and running by triangulating them. It ran the rest of the day like that. Here are a few pics and video from today.
i didn't get a video but 2nd gear is cool as heck!

IMG_1311.png

IMG_1314.png

IMG_1315.png

IMG_1316.png

IMG_1317.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those mounts never stood a chance....It's funny how it broke just before you talked about backing off of the slipper LOL

Looks like it is time to use a 4-link plate so you can take advantage of the 3rd hole on the axle and make it a stronger set up over all, But that was pretty cool carnage...

NIIIIICE!! Thanks man, if you ever get a vehicle that can use a 3S lipo, let me know and you can have one of my electrifly ones. woooot

going order now.

that video is also a testament to the jconcepts beadlocks. They are cheap, look great and sure do hold a bead.

The thing i thought was cool about the video is that i was really grinding the tire into the rock and i never really needed much throttle. It was low speed and smooooth

I just looked up those jconcepts wheels and man they are cheap, did you get the wheel weights with them? I wish they made 1.9's :(

no weights. i didn't want to have a ton of weight on the rig since it runs pretty quick in 2nd gear.

just got the shipping confirmation. They must be built to order.

i haven't run the rig since sunday even though its operational :(