quick question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmille00

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, so in one of my other threads i talked about being at the hobby shop and them trying to sell me this used savage that the stock body and head on the motor were pretty beat up. Now, does the motor still work good if the top of the head is broke off? i mean, the part that sticks out of the bed that part is broke off at the top on one side. would the truck still run good? because about an hour ago he called me. i put my name in for a raffle their and i guess he looked me up. it turns out that the guy that didnt know anything was his nephew and he (owner) was out back helping a customer tune his new t-maxx. he told me that he would give me the truck (savage 21) , gallon of fuel, fuel bottle,and everything else that i would need to run the truck, battery charger, battery pack, . i guess it has diff. rims and a pipe.ANyway, he said he would give me all this for 280. is that a good deal? i mean the truck looks like it has had its fair share of use. but, i was thinking, couldnt i just rip that motor out later on after i learned more about gas r/c's?

I would be concerned if half of the head were missing. First off, that indicates the truck was probably treated like poop. Secondly, it will not run properly if HALF the head is gone simply because it wont have the same cooling properties. You would more than likely have to run it rich. That being said, if the rest of the truck seems to be in good order, the cost of a new head is nominal. You should see if he will throw in a new head with it for that price (and install it!! this way he can make sure it works before it leaves) which brings up my last thing, MAKE SURE IT RUNS WELL BEFORE YOU LEAVE WITH IT!!! If he is not willing to fire it up, run almost a full tank and show you the temps it is running at after a couple full throttle runs, then by all means steer clear!

But if he is willing to take the time then I would consider it.

the link to the one on ebay i posted. the guy said he would take 350 plus shipping......good deal?

I would stay away from the truck in question.

Back