Battery Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I'm just getting back into rc after about 10 yrs. We used to bash/race some HPI Apache 1/8 scale trucks and we ran 2s 5000mAh 40C batteries in them at the time.
I just picked up an MST CMX DL1, which is kind of a crawler, I guess... Would that still be a decent battery for this little rig?

Crawlers don't need a lot of amperage, so the C rating for batteries for a crawler isn't really important. So yeah, that is fine for a crawler.

Crawlers don't need a lot of amperage, so the C rating for batteries for a crawler isn't really important. So yeah, that is fine for a crawler.
What kind of run time do you think it'd get? I think we used to get 10 minutes with it wide open on those Apache's.

On 5000mah…..probably long enough for you to get bored! Seriously depending on what the motor is drawing, probably an hour Or more?
Wow, ok. That's longer than I thought. Probably just fine, I don't see it getting used as a crawler much anyway... More of a mini me version of my son's Delica. He'll probably just run it/show it off at car meets.
Thanks for your input!

What kind of run time do you think it'd get? I think we used to get 10 minutes with it wide open on those Apache's.
Depends on how you run it. If you're driving it like a crawler then yeah, a long time. If you're using it like a trail truck and running WOT a lot then a lot less.

Also, If you still have LiPos from 10+ years ago Id recommend getting new ones. :2cents:

I do still have all those LiPo's from back then... been wanting to get rid of them for a long time. Planned on some new ones.