quick break in question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bouzouki, how many engines have you done this to?
and how many have you broken in the standard way?

This is the first engine I have done it to.

Novarossi Mugen X-12.

I used to use the heat cycle method.

You can ask diver, like I said before, he has broken in several engines using this method ( Cyrul's)

No need to argue, just do what you feel comfortable with. I have a fellow racer that does it to all his engines. He's working on gallon #7 on his rex rer3. No method is best, only thing that is best is that you take your time.

I also forgot to add, rush the WOT method and do something wrong and your conrod WILL pay the price

not that i'm scared of doing so, I just dont think it's wise. It's like dropping in a freshly rebuilt 346 V8 into the camaro. Then just after completing the install, pulling it out of the garage and floorboarding it.

"It's like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense." --Larry, The Cable Guy

my pit partner does it even worse...he idles one tank around onthe ground lil blips and second tank he just freakin hammers it......I dunno but it works for him.....Diver you said exactly my point....mess up and the conrod is done........the reason I like my method is th estand allows more stability whil it's running.....I don't see it as a pain to drop the engine in after it's broken in.....I pull mine out after the 2 qualifiers and check my CB Bearings and Clutches......

The reason the thread went to hell fast is because I posted on it.

Plaidfish said:
I don't see it as a pain to drop the engine in after it's broken in.....I pull mine out after the 2 qualifiers and check my CB Bearings and Clutches......
You're supposed to pull the clutch anyway, well I do. If you're running a centax or any type of push clutch, that thrust bearing needs to be checked and regreased anyway or it'll grenade and you're done! I learned that the hard way! Luckily I opened my clutch when I was home. I had 2 bad bearings but luckily the thrust bearing was still good.

Those guys (on and off road) that aren't checking their clutches still got their rookie stripes and/or are just plain lucky. :shrug:

Back