Question on how much this vxl rustler is worth

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxon

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking at a vxl rustler, has max amps lipo 6000mah 11.1volt battery, duratrax ice charger, max amps balancer, looks like flm parts. It has an aluminum transmission, upper chassis, turnbuckles, larger bearings in the wheels, All steel gears in the transmission, and the battery, charger and balancer have only been used a few times. Heres some pics.

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

So the body made me go look around some, it is not a vxl, just the vxl motor and esc with some flm and some other manufacturer's aluminum shock mounts. I dont really know if the asking price on this is worth it since it is not a factory vxl with upgrades and such, what do you guys think? It's definatly the older ruster model with a few upgrades and a vxl/lipo setup.

Just the battery and charger would cost you $300 + to buy new then you throw in the truck with some upgrades and a brushless system and its got be worth at least the $300

So noone else has any opinion on how much this rustler is worth? I need to find out what else comes with it since it is the older rustler, its gotta have more. Is that the VXL motor or a different motor? I know its the vxl esc.

That is a Velineon motor and although it may not be genuine factory VXL Rustler just looking at it looks like it might be better, or at the very least stronger.
I can't give you an idea of price because in Australia prices are very much inflated, but in Aussie dollars on ebay that setup might get around $400-$450 complete.

I just talked to him again today and he said he was not planning on including the power supply for the ice charger, because his is a 50amp and was expensive he said.

I got my ice charger used for $100 so if you could get it for $300 you would pay $200 for a brushless original rustler plus, some aluminum parts, lipo balancer and a 3cell 6000 lipo battery.

Last edited:
As far as the truck goes, is there much difference in the regular Rustler than the VXL version other than one has a brushless set up and the other doesn't? If not, does the Rustler come with the original motor? I'd say 300 is a good deal but what do I know, I'm still a newb. :D

Well its more than $300, but it comes with stock esc, motor, 6 cell batt, 7 cell batt and street and off road rims/tires. It might come with other stock parts also, whatever he can find. He wants an extra 50 for the 50amp power supply and he said it is normally like 500 new but i dont really belive that... maybe a typo...

Back