question about picco engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC4LYFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey are picco engines al that great? i have been telling ppl 2 get them,,, and i dont now much about them.. meh they soudn ok. --

I have a Picco XP .12 in my XXX-NT, and it screams!

but a better question is why are you recommending engines you know nothing about?

Originally posted by NCNitro
but a better question is why are you recommending engines you know nothing about?
LOL that strikes me as funny.

The Picco XP12 ROAR legal is only 3 ports and screams like a turbo 5 port would and can beat an OS .12 TR turbo. So yes, they're quite nice engines and can be cheap if you look in the right places (but replacement parts gets pricey).

i dunno, cuz i know very lil about it but yes, kool thanks

i just had to replace my picco pullstart..................$50....for a PULLSTART :wedgie:

what! 50 bills for a pull start?
damn

Yes, pricey like I said, I want to get a new connecting rod but it's $40...

Picco=pricey. C'mon guys it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford. Picco's are Italian made so yes parts will cost more. Any questions???

so much bling

i just blew out the conrod and the piston sleve assembly on my picco .12 nitro and it cost me :alarm: 120:alarm:

GEEZ....my lil brother just bought a new Picco .12 TP095 for 129 bucks.......

-Sag

Picco=power, picco also =price. I would have no bitch about buying a new picco motor rather than a piston and sleeve. It's one of the pricier motors out there to rebuild but not much choice in the matter cuz I love the power mine brings.

I raced all last year with a Picco in my old GT, and I can tell you that they are fast, but the carbs suck. They are not for the inexperienced. They are very sensitive and they don't hold a tune well. I believe XTM makes an adapter for OS carbs for Picco engines, but again, getting pricey. I would buy OS or Fantom.

pullstart

slapshot1369 said:
i just had to replace my picco pullstart..................$50....for a PULLSTART :wedgie:

i was wonderin where u got the pullstart for u picco engine could u please
send me imformation about it??? any where i could call write or visit

thank you

slapshot1369 said:

i was wonderin where u got the pullstart for u picco engine could u please
send me imformation about it??? any where i could call write or visit

thank you

send info to [email protected]

Welcom to the site.
I see you used the search button on top (and thats a good thing), but this thread is years old, and that member hasn't been online for almost 3 years.
Creat a new thread with your question for a better result.
Again, welcome to RCNT.