Prospec build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it makes the sound nonstop every position. However when you engage the servo or give the servo an action the sound tones out but does not completely disapear.

sounds like epa and or bad servo. more like epa. Is it a digi or stand. servo?

sounds like a 100% normal digital servo to me. mine do the exact same thing, what you are hearing is the servo constantly measuring where it is, and centering itself.

oh, and your gonna love that V-spec. just ditch that yellow crap. otherwise the car looks great.

lemme know how you like that JP-2 on it, so far I've used a JP-1 and an 086. i prefer the 086 because it smooths out the powerband and gives a better top end.

My digital hitec servo (5945) did that same thing. My current airtronics 358 is silent though. I have the metal gear JR servo on the gas/brake seems to work ok.

PiErow, you say the buggy is hard to move and it's making a lot of noice when you push it.

If you give the buggy a good shove, it should roll a good 3-4 feet before rolling to a stop.

If it doesn't then I think it's possible the clutch bell on your motor is too close to the spur gear on the center diff. What I do is I loosen the four bolts holding the engine mounts to the chassis (still sorta tight but not cranked down. so the engine can slide back and forth a little). Then I put a small slice of printer paper into 'V' created by the spur gear and the clutch bell. Then I roll the buggy forward. This will suck the paper down in between the two gears. Now I just kind of wiggle the engine to make sure it's not crooked (paper still in between the gears). Then I just gently hold the engine in place against the paper (don't press hard) while I tighten the screws from underneath. Then roll the buggy backwards and out shoots the little piece of paper.

That usually makes a perfect fit for me.

Also, looking at your pics, make sure you don't pinch the fuel line or the pressure line when you put on the body.

bigfreak, one detail. your airtronics 358 is not a digital, thats why its silent. its just a really good analog.

Yes they are both digital. The aree 5645 and 5625. I still have to re route the fuel lines. Corrada i will let you know by tonight. Although keep inmind all i have to compare it to is a stock storm and a savage with a stock engine. I might go to the track when I'm done with break in to get some practice in, their might be someone there to provide a better comparrison. I know my gear mesh is ok, so it must be normal. Thanks for all of your help.

ooo ya. Did you guys trim off the excess linkages?
How fAr down does your flywheel hang out? My starter box is not set up for the mugen yet but when i tried to start my mugen by kining up the flywheel and starter box wheel the styarter box wheel would just spin and scuff the chassis. Will seting up the box for the car fix this?

Last edited:
So I should have asked about the digi thing first but I thought I saw a post that you got 357/358. The sound is one of the things you have to deal with no way to stop it.

Ok i have a problem with the engine now. I got the starter box set up. Fixxed all my problems then this. The piston is stuck in the sleeve. When you turn the flywheel it tries to pull the sleeve out. I think i should get the heat gun out and heat the engine until a hundred degrees and thus making the sleeve expand and then i can break the piston free. My dad says it shouldnt be that complicated. What do you guys think?

I got a trivia. There is something wrong witrh the rear end in pic number 3. Can you see whats wrong?

left shock not in! Yes heat it up. Don't try to just force it.

Good job you found it, i noticed that when setting uo the starter box. Pm me your addy i will send a set of badlands mounted on white wabash wheels for getting the question right. J/K. To the heat gun...

I heated to 200 degrees. I put it on the starter box, spun it, the engine spun(did not staRT) for 2 secounds and stopped. I pushed down on the box again and nothing. The box did not have enough tourqe to spin it..wtf. The battery was all charged. I reheated it and nothing. The box still could not spin it. I'm going to take the engine off, chuck the carnk in a drill, and spin to 10 mins to loosen it up enough for a starter box. Any one got anyother ideas on how to do it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

dont spin ur engine for 10 minuts!!!!! you will wear it down tremendously

try this, prime the engine if you havnt
loosen the plug a tad
make sure the plgu is glowing strong
recharg ur glo plug ignitor
make sure the air filter isnt too oiled

if all those are in check it will startup fine

nononononon. Its not not starting that is the problem. The piston is locked into the sleeve from too much compression. I need to break free. I'm going to heat it up again and try the box again. Anyone else have an idea on how to break it free?

use a flat blade screwdriver to pry the flywheel around from the bottom of the chassis. you WILL need to make sure that the flywheel is backed up as much as it can be before every start, this will give the starterbox some momentum to get it to turn over. dont EVER chuck an engines crank in a drill! if you really need help shoot me a pm with your number and ill talk you through it. breaking in this engine is easy if you get a method down and take your time, the first start is difficult though.

So just push on the flywheel with the screwdriver and break it loose. Looking from the back of the car do i push to the left or right or does it matter?

take the driver and wedge it in the chassis and fly wheel. I would heat it up first this will put strees on the rod and all but maybe the only way to do it. Are you sure the wheel on the bow is tight? You have the blue box as do I and NEVER couldn't start a engine new or old. DO NOT PUT IN A DRILL!!!!!!!!!

Hey where did you pick up those knuckles 2.0s?

I got the knuckels off tower. The piston is stuck as i said. I'm gonna heat to about 250. And hit the flywheel with the driver, break the piston free and fire it up. Hopefully it will work this way. Keep your fingers crossed for me :).

Back