Proline Trencher X 3.8" Traxxas style bead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

override

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so I really want to stretch some taller rubber around these geodes on my T-Maxx. I have two sets of 40 series big joes and I DO NOT like them because they are so wobbly.

I saw the Proline Trencher X 3.8" Traxxas style bead at the hobby shop yesterday and I like the size of the tire! Not quite as big as 40 series (although they claim to be) and since they are 3.8" and traxxas style bead I figure they should fit on the Geode 3.8" wheels.

Now I have been searching around on here and google and everything I have found say these will not fit on Traxxas 3.8" wheels. I don't know if what I have found is about there non-traxxas bead trencher but seeing as they are 3.8" traxxas bead shouldn't they fit 3.8" traxxas wheels?

Any help would be great!!

What ever happen to the damn losi zombiemaxx tires? They only make them in truggy size now.

Last edited:
If it says traxxas bead then it fits a traxxas wheel.

I know that but they are "40 series" tires, this is what makes me weary if they will fit or not. The inside diameter may be larger than a standard traxxas wheel.

Just wasn't sure if anyone has used these that could chime in with a for sure answer.

If you want them on the Geode wheels, you have to get Part # 1184-00, they're the Trencher X and have the Traxxas bead. The other Trenchers, part # 1160-00 are the 40 series, they're also taller and narrower than the X.

Cool, thats what I was thinking just wanted someone to chime in and confirm!

If it says Traxxas bead, it'll fit Traxxas 3.8 wheels. Traxxas doesn't make a bigger wheel.

Back