Problems......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxass_FREAK90

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am having a problem with my E rustler. when i turn it it makes a clicking sound. my cousin said it was the servo saver and well i replaced what he told me to and it still clicked. then i got my first servo a little wet and fried it. but i got a new one. and it didnt click for a while. but now it clicks just like the old one. and when i went to a track to race i had a little problem and one of the guys who was helpin me said that the clicking wasn't good. and i have tried numerous things to try and fix it. but none of my methods are working. Can anybody help me out here or should i go to another forum??

I may be wrong but it sounds like you may have stripped the gears in the servo.

Pick the front end up and turn the front wheels back and forth by hand and see if you hear the clicking, if so then the gears are stripped.

But i just put in a new servo and made sure it wasn't stripped. could it5 have stripped so quickly??

What kind of servo did you put in? If it was a stock traxxas yea it could be stripped that quick. Clicking is definatly a servo issue not a servo saver issue. X

X is correct, I replaced my servo gears in my E. Stampede to only strip them again and again, the stock servos are junk. My best advice would be to upgrade to a quality servo.

X or one of the other guys could tell you a good quality servo to use.

Try removing the servo from the truck. Plug it into your RX and operate the servo while holding it in your hand.

If it makes the same noise while out of the truck you will need to replace it.

Does your truck use a disk style spring loaded saver? If so, other possibilities are a striped spline or bad spring in the servo saver.

when the servo is out of the truck install the servo-saver hold the servo in one hand and grip the saver with the other and have someone operate the servo for you.