Problem with new revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first should last 5-6 seconds?? Wow. I'm winding 1st gear out and 1st only last maybe 2 seconds.

Running in grass can cause your motor to run warmer than normal....certainly not 400 degrees though.
If you hit a tree doing 35mph you might want to check for air leak somewhere, that's a pretty hard jolt for the truck. Every Revo is different, but after a nasty wreck I usually had to reset my needles to factory and retune it. Your slipper clutch may be getting glazed over also and could use some tightening.

Thanks for the advise. I guess my slipper came loose cause its missing a shoe, lol. I just installed a slipper rebuild kit and Ill see how she runs today.

first should last 5-6 seconds?? Wow. I'm winding 1st gear out and 1st only last maybe 2 seconds.

That is about when my shifts as well. 5-6 seconds is an awful long time for it to be in 1st gear. The 3.3 should spool up much faster than that and shift pretty quickly, obviously it can be adjusted to shift later. I'm thinking that with the stock shift point and the engine tuned properly, it should shift in about 2-3 seconds.

Thats what i was thinking if the tune is dead on then setting it to shift later would cause lots of problems. Maybe this is why we see alot of blown engines.

OHHH MYYYY GOD!!! UPDATE ON TUNING PROBLEM! So after still not being able to tune my revo after all the advice i got here i decided to take the thing apart in doing so i realized that from traxxas i am missing an o-RING WHERE THE HIGH SPEED NEEDLE MEETS THE CARB. When i saw this i was and still are extremly pissed bout this. thats why i can't tune this thing in i wonder if i cooked the engine not knowing this from the get go! I'm calling traxxas again today to see what they can do bout it as well as going back to the hobby store where i bought it! has any1 heard of this at all???

No Not missing the o-ring but that sounds like human error to me. I bet they fix it for you. Traxxas is pretty good about things like this.

Thats what i think i already called traxxas and they said go to the store i bought it and swap it out if they have one in stock an dhave the store send the bad one to traxxas no charge to me. thank god lol, this is just my luck every1 i talked to said wow never heard that one b4 lol. oh well hopefully i will be up and running soon now that i know what the problem is!!
:D

The best thing is that you finally found the problem, yes it can unbelievably frustrating trying to figure out why the motor isn't dialing in correctly sometimes. But I learn more and more each time I have to deal with a crappy problem like the one you had. It's just too bad it was due to someone else bone-head move. :D

I'm SERIOUSLY THINKING bout getting th e revo brushless with top of the lin ebatteries and b done with nitro an dall the wasted time tuning i just bought bead lock rims and tires for the revo total price was 180.00 i hope they fit the e revo do they take the same size nut to secure the rims??
:)

The E-Revo Brushless uses the same 17MM hex hubs and nuts the the Revo 3.3 #5308 does. The non brushless E-Revo uses the older 14mm hex nut.

Happy you figured it out. Good luck with the new one

Last edited:
UPDATE ON PROBLEM WITH MY REVO 3.3!!!!!! Ok guys just ran the 1st tank after new carb. was installed and all i have to say is holyyyyyyyyyy shhhhhhhh it lol. The REVO ran like a champ off the line quick as hell popping wheelies and hitting second in around 5 secs engine was never too hot and smoke was perfect. handled like a pro as well. I set low speed to factory setting and high speed to about 3 1/2 TO 3 3/4/. The REVO never stalled on heavy stops or jusy ideling like it did before i am extremely happy right now. I ran one tank and check it all over did the after run oil in the carb as well as where the glow plug goes. this REVO has a ton of power and very fast!! Thank u all here for your imput and help!! REVOLICIOUS LMAO

its not a matter of distance but how quickly it shifts into 2nd gear. As you bgin to lean ur hSN 1/8 turn at a time, you will want to pay attention to how quick it shifts into 2nd gear as well to have a stream of blue smoke. Once you have reached a point were there is no longer an increase in performance, richen ur hsn (counter-clockwise) 1/8 turn. When tuning I think it is best to tune on a paved surface that way u get a more accurate feel for how its running and u will be able to see ur blue smoke. DONT GIVE UP. NOBODY LIKES A QUITTER!

i just started trying to tune my new revo yesterday and blew the glow plug :-(
now i have to wait to go to the store to replace it :-(

Back