Pretty dialed in for a slash?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to brag, but my Sl4sh could beat your Slash. Even more so if I upgraded the electronics & tires. I like your new pfp tho
Wait till I sell.my.slash and I'll have a sct410 or scte with a 4.5 motor. It will fly.

Wait till I sell.my.slash and I'll have a sct410 or scte with a 4.5 motor. It will fly.
Then I’ll get one too
not to brag, but i think my rusty could trash all yall! JK, my rusty is a basher through and through. i may be getting a bandit tho.
Let’s see, is your Rustler 4X4?
Traxxas needs to make a Bandit 4X4 though

Just gotta remember, and that's for y'all too, it really doesn't matter the car, it's the driver, and how the driver drives, and their skills. At first I was taking those triples one by one but after a few laps I was sending it. It's a lot harder to control 2wd in the air so @F.R.S. Ninja_007 with the ultimate will have a pro with better air control and more grip in the turns, for indoor dirt at least. If it's carpet, your constantly trying to not traction roll.

I'm just gonna say this. Yall looking at who's faster sitting still and just got ran over by my xmaxx!
…and look who just broke a dozen parts worth ~$50
Just gotta remember, and that's for y'all too, it really doesn't matter the car, it's the driver, and how the driver drives, and their skills. At first I was taking those triples one by one but after a few laps I was sending it. It's a lot harder to control 2wd in the air so @F.R.S. Ninja_007 with the ultimate will have a pro with better air control and more grip in the turns, for indoor dirt at least. If it's carpet, your constantly trying to not traction roll.
I do need new tires though. Maybe holeshot, but really anything Pro-Line. And I’d say I’m a good driver, not the best but on 3S… :woohoo:

…and look who just broke a dozen parts worth ~$50
Look, thats traxxas for ya. Traxxas, the fastest name in radio control. - Look, its 100% True.
I do need new tires though
What surface you running on? On here at this track, most common is a medium to hard compound slick, with compound. I run Smoothies (Green) on SCT. I run Ellipse (Silver) on 4wd Bug, which are turning into slicks. My uncle ran Bald Eagle MC from ProLine.

Last edited:
Oof.
And that's why I don't wanna have big scale stuff (one reason)
I saw a guy running a tmaxx and hpi baja. A small slap and the tmaxx was down. I learned that day not much and match scales.

Look, thats traxxas for ya. Traxxas, the fastest name in radio control. - Look, its 100% True.
but Arrma tough is even worse
What surface you running on? On here at this track, most common is a medium to hard compound slick, with compound. I run Smoothies (Green) on SCT. I run Ellipse (Silver) on 4wd Bug, which are turning into slicks. My uncle ran Bald Eagle MC from ProLine.
mostly loose packed dry dirt, but occasionally gravel (which my current tires can hardly handle). I was thinking Hole Shots, Gladiators, BFG KR2s, or BFG KO2s (& Raid Bead-Loc). Or I could get the Traxxas KO2s for the RaptoR, but in general the KO2s & KR2s are roughly the same as my Traxxas KM2s.

Last edited:
went to the local dirt track today
slash 2wd - brushless converted - lcg chassis - most common upgrades known
Slicks + new traction compound + suspension tuning = pretty dialed for a slash?
What do yall think?
Prob need a new body, because this one is cracked up and broken and its terrible. Had another one with me which I used before the body mounts broke through the body, could fix it up with tape. The other one I had was a ProLine silverado body (discontinued) and it has more cutouts so more airflow, so I felt it didn't parachute on the straight or on the triple, while this one in the video (traxxas clear body) parachutes a good bit.
Nice track. Great driving! The front is diving hard into the turns. Where are your camber links mounted on the shock tower and caster blocks?

Nice track. Great driving! The front is diving hard into the turns. Where are your camber links mounted on the shock tower and caster blocks?
Front shock wise. I run Traxxas big bores. With AE 50wt oil and the included red springs. Wonder if sway bars would help? Or thicker oil?

For camber links. Stock locations. I use RPM shock tower and RPM castor blocks and they only have 1 hole setting for the camber links. On my rustler, kind of the same thing. But I run Amazon aluminum castor blocks with 2 hole settings for the camber link.

Took it to the track last month. OG video was back in November. New body and the tires are more sticky. I feel like I have to go super slow in the turns as it's too grippy? Might not use a lot of compound on the tires alot anymore. not sure.

Edit: I believe in the OG video I was running a shorty battery pack and the newer video j just posted above I was using a stick battery pack to weight could have been the difference.

Last edited:
Back