Pretty dialed in for a slash?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
went to the local dirt track today
slash 2wd - brushless converted - lcg chassis - most common upgrades known
Slicks + new traction compound + suspension tuning = pretty dialed for a slash?
What do yall think?
Prob need a new body, because this one is cracked up and broken and its terrible. Had another one with me which I used before the body mounts broke through the body, could fix it up with tape. The other one I had was a ProLine silverado body (discontinued) and it has more cutouts so more airflow, so I felt it didn't parachute on the straight or on the triple, while this one in the video (traxxas clear body) parachutes a good bit.

Last edited:
Other than your driving skill and the chassis slap, I would say it’s pretty good 🤣. Jokes aside, looks like it would kick my slashes butt lol
isn't your slash mid motor?
Rear motor vs mid motor , wonder how that would handle / do. Probably the same as RM vs MM on 2wd Bug's and 2wd STs.

isn't your slash mid motor?
Rear motor vs mid motor , wonder how that would handle / do. Probably the same as RM vs MM on 2wd Bug's and 2wd STs.
Yeah. I broke a rear a-arm so I am running rustler 4x4 rpm arms on it and it is a WIDE boy. It handles super good though. Doesn’t flip or roll. Doesn’t wheelie even while running it on 4s. It just takes it.

I'm slowly waiting for @bill_delong 's response 🙃

There was another 2wd SCT there when I was packing up, he was running a mod motor in it. Didn't get an actual look at it but he is running a Tekin RX8 in that thing, it was fast down the straight. There were some other 13.5 Buggies there aswell.

Are you still running the stock setup? When I go there I need to go thicker shock fluids, stiffer springs and roll bars.

I'm running Traxxas big bore shocks front and rear with the included red springs
50wt front and I think 40 rear if I can remember correctly
Running 2 thin preload clips in the rear and none in the front.
Don't have sway bars for this yet, but will be helpful.
I watch MX Acres on YouTube and he races a slash 2wd and a Bandit.

went to the local dirt track today
slash 2wd - brushless converted - lcg chassis - most common upgrades known
Slicks + new traction compound + suspension tuning = pretty dialed for a slash?
What do yall think?
Prob need a new body, because this one is cracked up and broken and its terrible. Had another one with me which I used before the body mounts broke through the body, could fix it up with tape. The other one I had was a ProLine silverado body (discontinued) and it has more cutouts so more airflow, so I felt it didn't parachute on the straight or on the triple, while this one in the video (traxxas clear body) parachutes a good bit.
welll.....
i think my rusty could win...

Not to brag, but my Sl4sh could beat your Slash. Even more so if I upgraded the electronics & tires. I like your new pfp tho

Not to brag, but my Sl4sh could beat your Slash. Even more so if I upgraded the electronics & tires. I like your new pfp tho
not to brag, but i think my rusty could trash all yall! JK, my rusty is a basher through and through. i may be getting a bandit tho.

Back