Post Up Your Most Recent "DUH" Moment!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several years ago I drove an hour and a half to show off my nitro truck to a friend. I opened the trunk, got everything out next to the HUGE parking lot he was flying off, fueled it up and then found out I hadn't brought the radio.
DUH.

so, was that the turning point? the last time you drove a rig? must have been a life changing moment!

MY "DUH" Moment!
Well I think it was the nite my daughter was concived...I love her very much..
but Should have had a "jimmy"

My most recent duh moment was this past saturday i was out running my brushless erevo on 6s lipo and it was screaming across the local marina parking lot and low and behold 2 beautiful blondes walk up from the boat launch wearing next to nothing and me being the typical guy was watching them and not my car and WHAM right into my into my ankle at half to 3/4 throttle. . .i hit the ground hard

i dont have much since I'm quite new

so i was doing some tuning and stuff, i start doing little ovals just seeing how the tmaxx runs. with my ADD, i decide to start driving it around. it reaches the end of my col de sac and i go to turn it around, and it takes off. i forgot to put the antennae up. it launched off a curb and conveniently landed in a bush. i had low fuel so by the time i could get to it it ran out of gas.

sorry I'm sure my grammer is terrible right now, I'm pretty tired

big duh

i got a Venom 20C 4000mAh 11.1V LiPo battery from a guy i bought a truck from and it had dean plug on it so like a dumb @@@ i unsoldered the plug to solder the new traxxas connector on.
Rule of thumb folks unsolder and solder one wire at a time
do not unsolder both at the same time and let the wire touch
end result bye bye lipo battery
i learned from that mistake

I originally owned an s-maxx 2.5. I did the conversion to make it a tmaxx 3.3. I bought aluminum frame braces,aluminum bulkheads, center skid, rpm arms... the works. I finally got the 3.3 broke in and went to tear up some asphalt. Well.. I was standing on a high curb that i forgot about and was watching the truck whiz past me.. or so i thought. I was admiring the difference in speed and power and forgot ALL about that curb. I hit that thing so hard that it bent the front bulkheads and the upper chassis deck. That was one hell of a price to pay for being a stupid.

I originally owned an s-maxx 2.5. I did the conversion to make it a tmaxx 3.3. I bought aluminum frame braces,aluminum bulkheads, center skid, rpm arms... the works. I finally got the 3.3 broke in and went to tear up some asphalt. Well.. I was standing on a high curb that i forgot about and was watching the truck whiz past me.. or so i thought. I was admiring the difference in speed and power and forgot ALL about that curb. I hit that thing so hard that it bent the front bulkheads and the upper chassis deck. That was one hell of a price to pay for being a stupid.

Just think of it as a "stupid tax." That's what I do when i do something really boneheaded.

Mine was when I went into my mess of a garage and grabbed my gallon jug went out, filled up my small full bottle just happened to look up and realized that in a hurry I grabbed the jug of RV antifreeze that is the same size and shape, and even the color of my byrons gen 2 nitro.:whhooo:

Woah, at least you didn't pour it into your car's fuel tank and try to start it right Dave? Right? LOL

Maybe it would work as ARO? :yes:

Steelcity, that's a good one (in a bad way)...
Man, I've had those; you just hear that "SMACK" from 20 yards away and you know it's going to be expensive, but man, right at your feet, that had to really suck! (sorry)... LOL

Mark

one of my most fail moments was when i was trying to start my car up.i had been there for ages pulling the pull cord.i then after about 15mins of pulling it realised i has no glo plug in the car

A few weeks ago I drove 20 mins to a village park where I run my rigs. I had all three and was going to rip 'em each for at least 2 or 3 tanks. That's hard to do without transmitters!!

I was just gonna start a thread like this to make myself feel better. After my rigs stored for three years, the savage started leaking diff oil and soaking through the box. Tore it all down cleaned it up reshimmed everything and was pretty damn excited about burning some fuel. After getting it all back together I decided to get out the other rigs so I could let them all stretch their legs while I was at it. When I opened the next box, whats the first thing I see? The aluminum diff cups I bought for it and was waiting until the next time I had it torn down to put them in... DUH!

is trying to prime and start a truck for 5 minute and then realizing that the fuel line pincher is still pinched a DUHH!! moment ??..lol...i think so :p:

Lol i was at the park with my son we were driven the jato and the rc10 gt2 we had the bodies off my son is 9.We were standin in a corner with some trees in it and the only wall at the park the rest is open soccer feilds and baseball. I'm sitten there rallying the jato with my son next to me driven the gt2.We were driven in the feild I'm lookin at the jato all of a sudden the gt2 ripps bye me pretty close and slams in the wall at almost WOT i look over at my son hes like 6 feet in front of me standin there starin at the jato in the feild workin the remote like nuthin happen i yell at him "what the hell" he looks over at me with this blank stare like "what i do" i point at the GT2 busted up next to the wall with the engine still runnin lol he thought he was driven the jato the whole time and rammed the gt2 to peices on the only wall in the whole damn park only the front bulkhead and fuel tank got smashed everything else survived
teach me to run with out the bodies again lol

Last edited:
duhh moment

the other week i flooded the engine in my hpi bullet removed the glow plug pulled the pull start and got a face full of fuel if thats not a DUHH!! moment i don't know what is

Man, Nitrocat, that had to hurt! It's funny to read it, but I know you had to be pissed and the look on your son's face must have been priceless! "Man this thing is all over the place and is hard to control!"...

:yes:

Ha! Thanks for sharing!

Leesy, been there, done that, got the T-shirt (wet with fuel!). Now I put a rag over the cooling head or turn the car away from me! LOL

This thread has been great! :)

Mark

guilty of not thinking i needed a failsafe. Had a brand new hpi rs4 that i had just broken in a fantom engine for and a buddy of me challenged me to a drag race with is old picco and 2 speed hpi. I say ok and spank him in one direction turn around and slow down to let him catch up and then nail it and start pulling away again when i noitced a black box go bouncing from the side of my car. Forgot to secure the reciever batteries won the race but hit the curb at the end of the lot and came with about 6" of flipping it into the busiest street in town. Turned the chasis into a purple aluminum S but gave me a excuse to upgrade to the titanium chasis i had been eyeballing for the last couple days :D

I've also filled my fuel bottle to get ready to refuel my truck after makeing a few adjustments and then spent 5 mins trying to figure out why my rig wouldn't start only to realize i forgot to actually fuel up the truck. And of course i always have a audience when i do something like that

Last edited:
A failsafe wouldn't have saved you. They need some power. You need a return spring too.