Post a picture of your HPI Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of my used to be nitro truck. I guess I maybe shouldn't post them on a nitro forum anymore, but here they are anyway.

kershaw.mount.installed.jpg

battery.boxes-1.jpg

t8.solder.jpg

conversion.complete.jpg

savage.brushless.beast.jpg

See conversion walk-through here:
Savage Brushless Conversion

See conversion walk-through here:
Savage Brushless Conversion
Really nice walk through you made there. What are you going to run for diffs now? Obviously, the CEN's don't even hold up for you. Gear it taller maybe so there's less torque?

I went through your 1/5 shock mod and didn't notice what you used for stand offs. Do those come with the shocks? I'd like to try it, but I really don't want to fork out the dough for those titanium arms. Could maybe use the bottom shock mount that is on the lower side of the arm instead?

Great looking rig regardless!

Really nice walk through you made there. What are you going to run for diffs now? Obviously, the CEN's don't even hold up for you. Gear it taller maybe so there's less torque?

I went through your 1/5 shock mod and didn't notice what you used for stand offs. Do those come with the shocks? I'd like to try it, but I really don't want to fork out the dough for those titanium arms. Could maybe use the bottom shock mount that is on the lower side of the arm instead?

Great looking rig regardless!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

The CEN diff blowout was fortunately just a pinion. I have a complete backup set of CEN as well as a few extra pinions now. I have geared up to 16t and 18t and I try to be easier on it from a stand still now... so far so good.. :)

As far as the shock mod, those are standoffs from FLM shock towers and GH Racing towers. The FLM shock towers did not work so I had plenty of extra standoffs. I had to drill all of them out to accept 4mm screws.

Someone else copied my shock mod, but didn't use Flextek arms, but I am not sure how he was able to do it. He also didn't like the mod though, could be because he didn't have full travel.. (he never said)

AWESOME lookin set-up man!!!

Thanks man!

How did this thread get lost? Its time to bring this thing back to life!

My savage (current form)

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

Minezzzzz

Attachments

• Savage25small pic.jpg
    Savage25small pic.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 185
  • SavageXss_small pic.jpg
    SavageXss_small pic.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 196
She's finally done!!!(for now...)

post any pictures of ur savage

Ok originally a Savage X4.6rtr
Now a Savage XL with:

Axial .32rr-1 motor
Full THS Exhaust & Header
3 speed trans w/reverse
Hpi Baja 3000nimh hump pack
Rpm control arms
19t c/b w/aluminum clutches
Integy 50 & 52 t steel spurs
Full Integy roll cage
Goliath rubber
Big Bore shocks
Full L.E.D. Lighting
And of course... Battery indicator lights

Attachments

• IMG00084.jpg
    IMG00084.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG00085.jpg
    IMG00085.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG00087.jpg
    IMG00087.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
That's a nice looking rig. With all that room behind the engine, I'd get a more flowing header vs the HPI one. Would let your engine breath better.

After 3 yrs in a box, she's still a fine piece of machinery.

Attachments

• sav27.jpg
    sav27.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 204
  • sav28.jpg
    sav28.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 224
Here is a picture of one my Nitro Savages...It has a LRP .30 with a sick custom pipe made by Robin @ ExtremeRCMods.com. I ended up going with the side stinger but I test fitted that on to see how it looked. It also has FLM extended lowerer CG TVPs, hybrid bulkheads, upper A-Arms, engine mount and plate, shock towers with LST shocks. Three speed with the higher third gear. I also did the Ofna throttle/brake linkage mod running to dual fiber brakes. Both servos are Hitec TI geared....good stuff there. HPI CVDs all around....rear tie lint elimination brackets installed....I have a bunch more done to it as well just remembering it all. It is a never ending project that I am keeping just bashable and not on the shelf. Also YES even with all that aluminum the LRP will rip the front wheels off the ground effortlessly!
IMG_3217.jpg

And for the NEWEST pony in the stable....a new Savage FLUX HP!!!! All I can say about the Flux HP is OMG....even running 2S packs...it is unreal how much power it has. I LOVE nitro but this thing is just plain @$%&ing sick! I am totally sold on brushless power now. I don't think I will ever completely leave nitro but damn......
IMG_57561.jpg

IMG_5759.jpg

Last edited:
Haha figured it out n here she is just got her Sunday lookin forward to first run today since it stopped rainin:D

36_2.jpg

Here's pics of my Savage in it's current incarnation. Body by NCNitro and running an STS .28 with Integy alum. clutch,Robinson Racing flywheel,16T clutch bell and 48T spur and a Hot bodies pipe. Other upgrades are the titanium roll bar and titanium dogbones.

savageinthesun1.jpg

savageinthesun2.jpg

savageinthesun3.jpg

savageinthesun4.jpg

savageinthesun5.jpg

Here is my recently acquired Savage X
img0097x.jpg

img0099sc.jpg

img0100ld.jpg

img0123rn.jpg

Last edited:
Back