please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
iv got a hpi super nitro rs4 & i bought a novarossi cx12 engine 4 it , first of all the engine came with o no instructions so i dont know the factory setting 4 the carb on both needles, and 2ndly the carb slides in & out which is different 2 n the other engine how do i link this 2 my sevro, please help
thanx

Not sure how the super nitro is set up. I'm guessing before, you have a rotary carb and now you've got a slide carb. Look at your old engine. When you rotate where the linkage connects and look down in the carb hole, you'll see it open up. Well, now you've got a slide carb so you've got to figure out how to pull the carb out when you hit the throttle. I'll have to search for how the Super Nitro layout is.

Ok. Looked at a picture of how the linkage is on the Super Nitro. you need to go to the hobby store, unless you have one, and get a different piece that screws on top of the servo. Not sure what it's called, but you probably have a servo saver on it right now. Get a T or a straight piece. Place the car point forward in front of you. The brake linkage is going to go on the right side and the throttle linkage will go on the left side of the new piece that is replacing your servo saver. When you give gas now, the servo will go clockwise pulling the carb forward opening it up. When you hit the brakes, the servo will go counterclockwise and pull the brake linkage forward giving you brakes. Good luck.

I use to own a NRS4-2 a few years ago and purchase a Nova C12 with a slide carb a few months after the car was purchase. I also bought a slide carb engine. In order to get the carb working with the current servo position, you will need to set up a whole new linkage. If you think it's too complicated, then grab a rotary carb, but all the hard works pay off, slide carb are way better then rotary carb for a asphalt car. You will need a new servo horn, link rod, linkage spring, and linkage rider(hold the linkage to the servo horn). First you will need to turn the carb around, the carb control arm will be facing the rear of the car, so it's a full 360 degree turn(if the current position is facing the front of the car. If the carb arm is facing rear aready, then leave it alone). Both linkage will be on one arm on the servo horn. Look at the paint art that I did in order to show you what I am talking about. The servo will push the linkage toward the rear no matter what, its pretty much the only way that it will work. So both linkage will go toward the rear, the brake will NOT engage as long as you don't put something on the rod in front of the lever. Once you apply the brake, then the brake rod will do it's job, and the linkage rider will be compressing the spring. Hope this help, look at the picture, I think it's good enought for you to understand... Good luck!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 94
well I sold my Super Nitro Rally.. and got a super nitro and will be putting the 21bb on it... I have the convertion kit for it.. HPI makes a kit for slide carb convertions.. HPI#A889 is the part number