Painting Candy..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any tips when spraying candy? I've,done it once before, candy red backed by silver.

This time I have a new dodge ram body I bought candy orange and red metallic to back it...

Trying to make it look like this!

thumb-Pro-Line-2013-Ram-1500-body-3420-hero.jpg

Think I might be able to pull it off? I'm thinking of Maybe putting designs in it too, this will be for my savage!

Red is a tricky color to paint ,its lke transparent color.
Make sure that you use the right under coat to bring the right shade out in the colr of red you want!

Red is a tricky color to paint ,its lke transparent color.
Make sure that you use the right under coat to bring the right shade out in the colr of red you want!
I mainly wanted it to be a burnt orange color, so I was hoping backing the candy orange with the metallic red would give me the effect.

Spray it outside, holding it to the sky so you can see that you're getting a really even coating everywhere. If you don't, it will look splotchy when it's backed.
Use THIN coats, letting it dry between them.

A clear 2-liter bottle can be washed and dried after being cut open and used to practice and test painting techniques and colors cheaply.

0916162106.jpg

This is with a flash light on it, can't wait to see it in the sun.

0916162110_HDR.jpg

Unfortuneatly my masking didnt stay tight to the body in a few areas, but it's a basher anyways, I'm happy with it.

I used the entire can of candy orange, and a few coats of red.

That was quick!...:cool:
I'm impatient lol.

Monday I get the reciever and remote, hopefully I can run the truck!

Spray it outside, holding it to the sky so you can see that you're getting a really even coating everywhere. If you don't, it will look splotchy when it's backed.
Use THIN coats, letting it dry between them.
Sucks it got dark while painting but I put a ton of coats, it seems decent.

That's a great idea. It will always look good when you're painting in the dark. :p
It Was sunny when I started, But since it gets dark earlier now. I probably should have done it Saturday or Sunday but I'm happy with the color, too bad Saturday is a rainy day so... Not gonna be able to see how it looks in the sun for a day or two

I don't remember who made the paint but the color you want was called "Hard Anno Orange". Looked like orange anodized aluminum. It what was used on this body I had painted for me.

%3A%2F%2Fi5.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy185%2Fjpicior%2FCustom%2520Paint%2520Jobs%2Fmalfunction2.png
The Hard Anno Paints are made by Spazstix, Randy. All the painters like NCNitro raved about them.

Still need to cut engine hole, and body mount holes... Which of coarse I traced one the protective film before I painted the body, but once it was painted I had to pull,it,off,to,see how it looked.

0917161337.jpg

0917161337a_1.jpg

And it's a rainy day so I dont know how the candy will look truly yet

Even if the color didn't turn out ,its a beautiful job ,an looks great ,an you also gained some experience !

Painting lexan ,in which is like a reverse color is hard ,you would almost have to mix the color before it goes on
the body ,because your basicely looking through a shield to see the color!

Thx guys, I started cutting the body but I was a little too soon and put a finger print into the, not that noticeable but I felt it with my finger and now i can see it a little bit.

Its not pictured just showing the body starting to sit closer to the frame.

0917161456.jpg

Looks good, I got a couple needin some paint, gonna get to sooner or later.

Back