over size plane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
here i Wichita KS a boeing dream liner plane hauler landed at the wrong air port. on the east side of wichita we have 3 air ports, all almost in line with each other, 2 small ones. and McConnell air force base. ONLY McConnel can handle a 747. of course this wasn't a regular 747 it was a VERY over size 747 to haul large parts for boeing plane parts. on the news they said it can haul the BIGGEST parts of any hauler. the pilots landed at the wrong air port. no one hurt plane not hurt. it landed 9 miles from the right air port. but the pilots were landing at night. and all 3 air ports are not very from each other. but good for every one the air was 36 degrees f and the wind was from the north. and i am sure the 747 had extra size engines. and no load. so it got off fine. of course a NEW crew. wichita can be interesting some times. glad i live on the west side

That was on the news here in California. LOL I'm glad they got it out of there without a hitch.

A pilot once put a Cessna Citation corporate jet in on a private airport in my home county. 2200 feet of runway with a dropoff on each end. One to a private road and the other end dropped off to the NYS Thruway entrance/exit ramp.
I got the story from the pilot, himself, since they were coming to our place of business.
For the next 2 days the plane was stripped of it's entire interior and all that was left was the pilot's seat and controls.
Tanks were drained to the minimum it would take to get him across the river to the bigger airport where they would reassemble the plane, and he took off alone, surrounded by safety vehicles, FAA brass and of course US, waving at him.

Back