Onroad buggy tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all,

Looking to run a buggy onroad to see what it can do. Wondering if there are any good onroad tires out there? Or is it just not worth and I should stick to offroad with it haha.

Thanks.

I used to have Proline Road Rages before I sold em to SD, they were awesome. They also work in the grass/dirt very well. All around good bashing tire.

Buggyracer28 said:
I used to have Proline Road Rages before I sold em to SD, they were awesome. They also work in the grass/dirt very well. All around good bashing tire.

Ditto, they are also sweet gravel drift tires. A set of worn down bowties (slick) also grip very well on pavement.

Yea Road Rages are discontinued I guess, I've not seen them for sale in a while.

Thanks Imbroken, thats what I was lookin for.

O yeah I saw those at my lhs, they are sweeet.

Nice, thanks cvec. What shore would I want for pavement?

AC, Keep in mind that if you flip, bottom out, any kind of scrape when running on road with a buggy, you will scratch the hell out of your buggy.

Let me know how they go. I just ruined my stock tires on the street (the stock tires suck so they've been my street tires so far) and completely tore through one of the tires. I may pick a set of these up for my buggy.

I saw those too, I'm interested to see if anyone has tried them.

They wouldn't last long for just bashing on the street. Yes, they would give good hook-up, but you really only want them if you're racing on the pavement. If your camber isn't right, they'll wear easily, especially on a 1/8 buggy.
Plus, it's more fun to have hard compound tires for bashing because then they last longer, and you can slide around more, and maybe even pull off a few drifts!

Man,buggies rip on the street,but as stated before damage ensues quickly!

Back