On the fence about an SCX6 Honcho

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrebee88

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I am really thinking about getting one. I am aware that I should replace the foams and maybe the tires. I will probably get some SSD rims as well. When the servo dies I’ll most likely get an AGFRC replacement. Thoughts?

I really like the look of the Jeep, but the Honcho looks to be the better performer.

I will most likely drive this twice, upgrade it a stupid amount, and then let it sit on a shelf know that it is a capable rig in case I drive it again… to be honest

Yeah with the honcho your tires will be able to clear more things not having the body like the jeep in the way.

The Honch is a cool rig. Just be aware, it is heavy and takes up a lot of space.

Honestly, if you like the look of the Jeep, but don't think you will run it that much , you should get the Jeep. If you think you will run it a lot then the performance will be more important, get the Honcho.

But if it's mostly going to be a shelf queen that you will just be looking at, go for the Jeep. Either way you can accessorize the heck out of the with little details and make it look great.

The Honch is a cool rig. Just be aware, it is heavy and takes up a lot of space.

Honestly, if you like the look of the Jeep, but don't think you will run it that much , you should get the Jeep. If you think you will run it a lot then the performance will be more important, get the Honcho.

But if it's mostly going to be a shelf queen that you will just be looking at, go for the Jeep. Either way you can accessorize the heck out of the with little details and make it look great.
Space won’t be an issue… it will be on the same shelf as my xmaxx, Xrt, VEKTA.5, and Baja 5b… lol

I’m still torn… I am leaning toward Honcho just because I know it will perform better if I do end up running it a lot.

Do it! But probably reinforcd the shelf first. The straw that broke the camels back scenario.

I guess now it's just a matter of what color Honcho you want. ;)
Definitely not the tan…

What I really want is a Traxxas TRX4 in 1/6 scale, but I don’t think that’s happening… with remote locking diffs! That would be amazing!
Or an scx6 kit…
Do it! But probably reinforcd the shelf first. The straw that broke the camels back scenario.
Oh it’s a very sturdy shelf… with an open spot!
IMG_0344.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I’ll get the orange honcho, but I’m going to wait until November to see if it’s a couple hundred bucks off for Black Friday.

What's wrong with beige? I got a bottle of 90% alcohol to wipe it off, then you can repaint it custom. I put 2 stage proline foams in the stock tires but ended up running pitbull 3.8 tires on rc4wd beadlock plastic rims. I used it about 2 3 times in the past year I've had it. It's really strong but power hungry. I'm going to use both battery racks and put two batteries in parrallel...next time I use it

20221211_111717.jpg

20221211_091605.jpg

I really like the look of the orange one. Probably to to put door handles and side mirrors on it. Still debating whether to get the nice off-road bachelor truck or the family jeep-turned off roader. Or maybe I’ll get one, and end up with both setups…🤔

I really like the look of the orange one. Probably to to put door handles and side mirrors on it. Still debating whether to get the nice off-road bachelor truck or the family jeep-turned off roader. Or maybe I’ll get one, and end up with both setups…🤔
Look at the body prices. Buy the one with the more expensive body so the other won't hit the wallet as hard. Whichever one you get, it will grow on you.

If you have a 3d printer, they have 3d stl files for the accessories like grills and light buckets.

Back