on road took a spill in the dirt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I know what you mean. If I had one I would send it to you. lol I hate buying a 50 cent item and paying 5 bucks shipping.

when i took off the cooling head, i didnt tighten it down in a star pattern like fridge said, and thats why it was leaking. i got that fixed but i still can't get her to turn over. she is def showing signs of life though. sounding like it wants to go but just isnt getting enough of something to go all the way. if anyone has ever had that problem and knows of any solutions, PLEASE let me know =]

thanks again to everyone who helped out. i def couldnt have done anything without your guys help =]

Hey, man, I got an extra MC-59 plug I could send you. I'll just put two stamps on an envelope instead of one just in case lol. I live in Valrico, about 2 hours away from there. My grandmother lives in Ocala. (doubt you know her but) her name is Judith Sutherland.

If you would like it send me your address in a PM.

First though make sure the plug is truly dead. I don't want to send you my only backup if yours still works. I owe my dad 50 bucks for buying me some stuff for my RC18 and won't be able to buy a new plug for at least 2 weeks.

BTW try giving it some throttle trim on the remote. May just need that extra bit of fuel/air. :)

The title "spill in the dirt" worries me. Please don't take any offense to this, but have you cleaned your air filter since the dirt? If so then lets continue. Since you have a pull-starter, What is your starting procedure? As long as you are positive that you don't have any leaks then you should try covering the exhaust hole with a finger while trying to start. but be careful as this can cause your engine to flood, if you feel more resistance in the pull-start string then STOP pulling.

Last edited:
yeah i cleaned the air filter. and i did what you told me to do with the finger over the exaust. it def has resistance. and a flooded by accident the only thing i didnt try yet was getting a new plug. I'm pretty sure that is it. the end of the glow plug wire looks pretty wacked out and distorted

If it's distorted it's running real lean. Try richening the HSN 1/4 turn and retune from there.

Ok when you tightened the cooling head it got better? Sounds like compression. Double check all the allen screws are down VERY tight. It would make sense that a crash could loosen it up enough that compression would be lost.

Also check the connection from your engine to your header. Those come loose often.

Make sure you have a washer between your engine and the cooling head as well.

Just for kicks make sure your glowplug has a washer and is reasonably tight.. Dont overtighten it.

Silly on-road, that's the dirt! Haha. Anyways, good luck on your progress. Hit us up if you hit another problem.

Hope things are going well with your situation. I know how frustrating these things can be sometimes, and your hobby shop being closed makes it even worse. Let us know how things are coming along.

Alright, man, I sent you that plug. I'll let you know next time I'm going to my grandmother's house, maybe we can meet up.

thanks alot cupooterluvr. i appreciate that greatly. and thanks everyone for being so nice to a nOOb =]

Silly on-road, that's the dirt! Haha. Anyways, good luck on your progress. Hit us up if you hit another problem.

I'm wishing i did a little more research about this nitros before i bough an onroad. next time I'm definetly considering a MT or buggy. just something that doesn't make my jaw drop when it goes flying through the air :spit:

did you clean it up?....thats the 1st thing i would do..take all the crap outta there...so youll be sure you dont put any dirt in your carb or engine ..it takes some time n its boring but its might save you lots of trouble n $$$

Back