OMG, I will have my REVO today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your the renter from hell dude.
RC on the carpet. Good thing you don't own a motorcycle.
Oops, I forgot, you do have one.
Shouldn't you be BBQ or something. :p:

akmadmaxx said:
curb grind I guess! lookin good though.

If you notice even with all the undercarriage dammage I still have yet to scratch one single screw head. On the T-Maxx if I did stuff like that I would have grinded off the screw heads by now. And Ed, that is probably the cheapest carpet in the world. I would change my oil on it if I could get my Focus through the front door. And the BBQ comment was a low blow! :cheers:

I showed a picture of the head on purpose. Even with the head gaurd off, it still has yet to earn a single scratch. Try as I may I cannot scratch this damn head. The handle/rollbar protect it to well. Maybe tomorrow I can find an angle to slide it upside down that might actually scratch it. A guy's gotta have hope right?

SnakEyez151 said:
Did you upgrade your electronics at all? Or are you runnin the traxxas system? If so, What did you upgrade to? I'm very likely to be buying a revo ... soon, and possibly letting go of my NT.

It is a very nice truck so far Snakeyez. Between all of the MT's it is deff the hot ticket in my mind. I checked a lot of them out also. I am running the stock radio and probably will until I can afford the new JR XS3 Pro.

I scratched the head on mine, I dont know how i did it but i did.

the revos rock after this weekend i saw how much they kick ass

Ok I know I have said it but I will say it again. All those who attended the WCB saw how bad I beat my REVO. I could do NO damage other than body pins and the body itself. I cartwheeled it, jumped and landed right on the lid, flipped it, and ripped it all day long. The only other problem I had was I blew my engine, I mean ran out of gas LMAO! Here are some pics of the dirt and body damage.

rbash1.JPG

rbash2.JPG

rbash3.JPG

rbash4.JPG

rbash5.JPG

rbash6.JPG

I finally was able to clean up my rig yesterday and paint the new REVO body (came mostly prepainted, you just paint the last color.) I went for a metalic blue and I turned out pretty nice. I love the design of the Traxxas body and plus all the holes come pre cut. Not much of a custom job but it's quick, easy, and looks great to me.

rpaint1.JPG

rpaint2.JPG

rpaint3.JPG

For the bash I had installed my 120mm rocker arms for more travel. My findings with the 120mm rocker arms is that they deliever more actuation of the suspension and let you go over more uneven terrian at lower speeds. Where they suffer is in regards to jumping and bottoming out with quick stops, quick acceleration, and mid sized jumps do to the longer travel that is achieved by the longer rocker arms. So in summation long travel rockers = good for curb climbing, rock climbing, and going over very uneven terrian at low speeds. Progressive 90mm rockers = good for spring preload wich is good for jumping higher, going faster, stopping and turning quicker. Hope that helps you understand the difference between the two types.

You're lucky that you didn't hand me the trigger....

You know what's funny? I haven't run my REVO since the bash, well I cleaned it and ran it and it is like someone cranked down on all my needles to lean the poop out of my engine. Within 30 seconds my engine was @ 320 degrees! I had to return to base needle settings and start over. That has never happen to me in my almost 3 years of RC. Wierd. I checked for air leaks everywhere and didn't have one. Did we have a pratical joker at the WCB?

Note I am using the new OS LC3 hot plug wich is a long reach plug and is the correct one for the 2.5 engine. It is a brand new plug to the market from what I understand. I also switched to Trinity Monster Brew with more oil. Neither would have caused the EXTREME lean conditions I saw yesterday.

Last edited:
HumboldtBlazer said:
You know what's funny? I haven't run my REVO since the bash, well I cleaned it and ran it and it is like someone cranked down on all my needles to lean the poop out of my engine. Within 30 seconds my engine was @ 320 degrees! I had to return to base needle settings and start over. That has never happen to me in my almost 3 years of RC. Wierd. I checked for air leaks everywhere and didn't have one. Did we have a pratical joker at the WCB?

Note I am using the new OS LC3 hot plug wich is a long reach plug and is the correct one for the 2.5 engine. It is a brand new plug to the market from what I understand. I also switched to Trinity Monster Brew with more oil. Neither would have caused the EXTREME lean conditions I saw yesterday.
It was me...Lol. I wish I could have been there to do that. ED just confess it was you. :devious:

I cleaned mine up this morning. The only damage I had was a broken shock end, go figure. I'm not going to mess with the Traxxas replacements. My LHS has the alum ones for a reasonable price. They also have a set of progressive springs that I'm going to try.

As far as someone messing with your settings, I did see some blond dude messing with your stuff.

I no mess with anyones ride. Thats a no no.

I had one shock end broken and another stretched about 50% longer. Installed the Traxxas replacements. If they go, I will go to the alum ones.

robmob said:
I had one shock end broken and another stretched about 50% longer. Installed the Traxxas replacements. If they go, I will go to the alum ones.

I have had real good luck with the new shock ends. You saw the cartwheels, usually that is what broke the old ones.

Update HCR parts are on thier way! Reivew soon.

I like my revo too. Everything was fine until it over heat during break in. I took the engine out, seal it with to prevent air leak (what I'm suspected), then changed the cooling head with Nova. It runs like a charm now with temp 200 top.

For those who are thinking to get a Revo. Go ahead! Don't wait anymore... :)

New parts for the revo are starting to come in at the store i work at. The first thing i replaced were the springs when i first bought the truck. Made a difference when i stiffened them up.

Back