older savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasminemy4g63

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I keep hearing about an older 10 scale savage is this still a savage and is it anygood

It is the same size as the current X and SS models. Difference is the engine is a .21 and lot of the drivetraqin components are weaker than the current models. There never was a 1/10th scale Savage.

I never remember it being referred to as the 1/10 savage though. It was always a 1/8 savage. Personally, I refer to it as the "21 savage". But the 21/25 were pretty much the same truck except for a few upgrades and larger engine. The X savage was a lowered COG (center of gravity) savage. They lowered the transmission and I believe the engine to help with track handling. They did a bunch of other junk to the X as well but the lowered COG I think was the most obvious change.

The only 1/10 "savage" was the electric one that HB made. Not sure if the new E-savage by HPI is considered 1/10 scale or not.

yea its the same thing as the newer one the XL has a larger wheel base than the older savage

I think the only Savage that is 1/10 is the E-Savage.