Oil Discovery!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was just watching the news and I guess they found a huge supply of oil while drilling out in the ocean just south of lousiana. Its suppose to increase our oil supply by 50%! What a coincidence they happen to discover this right in time for primary's.. But it should drop the gas prices pretty drastic anyway.

That's awesome. I'd love to see gas under $2 again.

I heard they found 50% more in Monkey Wrench's hair....

just wait. Since SUV sales are declining, they will drop gas prices. As soon as everyone goes nuts and buys SUV's again, boom! the other shoe drops, gas at $4 a gallon!

I actually think that is bad in the long run. Its great NOW, but we need renewable resources. Everytime the price of oil drops,we invest less it that. Then when a storn knocks over the oil rigs and sends millons of gallons into the ocean, we will be cought with our pants around our ankles AGAIN with OPEC ready to give it to us w/o lube.

psunitro said:
I actually think that is bad in the long run. Its great NOW, but we need renewable resources. Everytime the price of oil drops,we invest less it that. Then when a storn knocks over the oil rigs and sends millons of gallons into the ocean, we will be cought with our pants around our ankles AGAIN with OPEC ready to give it to us w/o lube.

Would you like a big ol' handful of sand with that?

I say we burn it all up and FORCE ourselves to go to something else that is compatible with current techology. Corn alcohol comes to mind. And you can drink it.

Revo Rancher said:
Oil is not expected out of the wells until 2010.

But, combined with ANWAR, it does offer security from Iran and Venezuelas threats to cut off oil.

I agree with PSU; let's get rolling on alternatives. And stop wasting plastic for stupid marketing packaging! Plastic is made from oil. I would rather hear my V8 than have a pretty package around a box of pencils from CostCo.

Yes, that's something a lot of people forget (including the tree huggers putting out their video tapes). Oil is not just used for running our cars and trucks. But, trust me, it is the single biggest, and most common factor, in nearly EVERYTHING you buy. Think about it, it has to be hauled. And if it's hauled, it uses diesel. (I work in the transportation industry, fuel cost is king). Actually, for the company I work for, high fuel costs mean more $$$ for us, since we use rail for most of the long hauls (and it's cheaper to move by rail, per ton). So, boys and girls, fuel prices go up, the over the road carriers take a hit, raise their prices to keep from dying, customers come to us. Life is good!
But I still would like to see cheap gas, even though my car is pretty efficient.

Oil is not expected out of the wells until 2010.

But, combined with ANWAR, it does offer security from Iran and Venezuelas threats to cut off oil.

I agree with PSU; let's get rolling on alternatives. And stop wasting plastic for stupid marketing packaging! Plastic is made from oil. I would rather hear my V8 than have a pretty package around a box of pencils from CostCo.

Candyman said:
That's awesome. I'd love to see gas under $2 again.

Yes, but I traded the drilling rights with the Iranians for a camel and two Persian rugs.

Man having as price's dropping under $3 would be sweet. My damn gas guzzler is expensive to drive. Drain's over 1/4 tank in a day's use. damn leadfoot.

I heard tonight that its suppose to be around the $2 mark by Thanksgiving.. Thats still high, but will be nice.

4u2nv said:
I heard tonight that its suppose to be around the $2 mark by Thanksgiving.. Thats still high, but will be nice.

$2 is .98 cent's off from what it cost here now. Still a major reduction in price.

$2.37 here in Indy now. Start drillin' bitches! Use some of the $10billion in quarterly profits you just had and buy some poop quick to start pumping!

$2.55 in Pa now. Heating oil is what killed me, just got 150 gallons at $2.20 per

i realy dont see gas prices droping just because oil was found.......the rumor of oil shortages is just not true.......there are stockpiles of oil in lots of places I've worked as an electrician in oil refineries/plants........the government allready sees that we will pay 3-5$ a gallon for gas.........maybe not cause we wana pay that much but because we will pay it........its something we have to have so we just pay it.........in 3 towns alone that i know of there is enough oil stocked up to last the U.S. for 5-6 years, not counting stockpiles i havent seen or dont know about..........

Candyman said:
HAHA! I actually LOL'ed that one.

Price is around $3.20 here in oregon. I was just in the San Juan islands and on one of them the price was $3.98 for REGULAR!

I suppose that was here in Minnesota (It was the Minnesota news I heard it on) Its between $2.51 and $2.69 here.

It's still up around $2.99 here in CA. I would love to see gas at 2.30... $1.89 again? Hell yes!!! Just remember the idea here. If they lower the gas prices, the people will save some money, and supposedly invest it into our economy (buying things).

it was 2.27 in baytown last night.. i think ima stop today and fill up

4u2nv said:

I heard the same thing on the radio Tuesday, $2.00 would be very nice! Right now our price is around 2.55, it's been dropping very slowly all week.

Back