Oil Discovery!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have it made.With your gas prices..
I live in bellingham WA.We have the highest gas prices in the US...Or dam close to it.
I filled my car two days ago..I run [email protected] a gallon..Last month I was paying 3.85 a gallon.
Un real.

Hurry up and tap that bitch!:yell:

All in a area were I have two major refineries with in 15 miles of me.And 3 more with in 40 miles...GO figure.

Last edited:
.21Rc10GT said:
It's still up around $2.99 here in CA.

Where are you buying?

The Napa Chevron I go to is at $2.85 as of this last Sunday.

The mystery gas place in Benicia where I gas up the company car is at $2.73 and has been dropping by 2 cents or so every couple of days for the last 2 weeks.

ZANDOR said:
I live in bellingham WA.We have the highest gas prices in the US...Or dam close to it.
I filled my car two days ago..I run [email protected] a gallon..Last month I was paying 3.85 a gallon.
Un real.

All in a area were I have two major refineries with in 15 miles of me.And 3 more with in 40 miles...GO figure.

And you use T-Mobile! Jesus man, you're just full of issues, aren't ya?

Monkey Wrench said:
And you use T-Mobile! Jesus man, you're just full of issues, aren't ya?

LOL...I guess.Not only do i use t-moble I pay to much for gas also...What more could go wrong?:jittery:

robmob said:
Where are you buying?

The Napa Chevron I go to is at $2.85 as of this last Sunday.

The mystery gas place in Benicia where I gas up the company car is at $2.73 and has been dropping by 2 cents or so every couple of days for the last 2 weeks.

Vacaville Chevron/s (we have 3 or 4) all are the same (yesterday). I'll look when i go to school tonight.

if gas hits $1.50.. I'm buying me a H2!!!

ZANDOR said:
Un real.

I was amazed when I heard that. There was a big writeup on that when I was out in Redmond in May. WTF? I bet it's one of those things where even though the gas is refined like 15 miles away, the stations get gas from suppliers that have to truck it a few hundred miles. Yeah, that makes sense.

Candyman said:
I was amazed when I heard that. There was a big writeup on that when I was out in Redmond in May. WTF? I bet it's one of those things where even though the gas is refined like 15 miles away, the stations get gas from suppliers that have to truck it a few hundred miles. Yeah, that makes sense.

I have no idea WTH is up with it but it sucks..
I takes like 70$ just to fill up my wifes mini van..

My 13 gallon tank on my celica takes 35 to 38$
Its crazy.

Gas is down to $2.20 here in Cincinnati! Whoo hoo! Now I can afford to mow my grass!

While you guys are bitching, gas is still $3.09-$3.29 a gallon for regular in Staten Island NY. So WAAA WAAA WAAA for me!

beleive it ornot we have some of the cheapest gas int he world. Try living in the UK. I think last time i talked to one of my customers there they said with the price per litre and the dollar to Pound conversion it works out to about $7/gallon. And it been like that for years n years.

There was a documentary I saw last year (dont know when it was filmed but I found it last year) about how the US refines oil and produces gasoline. In one case, the execs of one company found that it was cheaper to drill the oil, refine the crude to mid grade, ship it to the middle east, refine to gasoline, ship it back, then feed it into a nationwide pipeline, than it was to upgrade their plants to be able to refine it from crude all the way to gasoline themselves. The good majority of our facilities are at damn near max production and are starting to become outdated. To stop production long enough to upgrade the technology and the price of the upgrade itself would put most of these oil companies out of business.

If you think about how much a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk has increased in price over the last 10-20 years, then compare it to the price of gasoline, you'll find that (other than since Katrina) gas prices have been very stable and risen very very slowely. The amount of profits these guys are making is still HUGE but it is nowhere near the amount it was in the 60s-80s. --According to the documentary anyway--

As for the price of gas being so high even tho your close to a refinery....There are three (or four) major pipelines not including the Alaskan one stretched out across the country. Gas is pumped into it at one end (by all the oil companies) and taken out at the other. It works on a communal system. If you put in 1000 gallons at one end, you can take out 1000 gallons at the other...simultaneously. So, they are not exactly getting the same gas they put in. All the gas in the pipeling is graded according to octane level. The its taken out at substations. The substations are the ones that add the additives and agents and may refine it a bit more to make it with their own brand of gas. But the stuff in the pipeline is all the same and is used by all the oil companies. So really, it doesn't matter where the refinery is. It matters where the substaion is and how far it has to be transported from there to your local gas station. Typically refineries and substations are not in the same facilities.

whew.... I'm tired now.

Last edited:
I'm still at 3.11 for regular. Filled the Wrangler just yesterday.

Back