Official 2nd Annual RCNT East Coast Bash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Official 2nd Annual RCNT East Coast Bash

==========================
Date(s): August 13th - 15th
Time(s): xxx
Location(s): Ol' BMX Track...possiblely others
Direction(s): Buffalo, New York
Hotel Listings: Hotel Itinerary(Expedia) Hotel Itinerary(Travelocity)
==========================

Details:

The plan is to make this bash, the 2nd annual ECB, twice as large as our first one was last year. This year shall hopefully planned much better for everyone that just wants to bash and for those that want to bash and go do their own thing as well.

There was a lot of talk about where to hold the ECB this year, thought about moving it in hopes to bring in new members and guest alike, but we had a lot of people who did and even didn't attend asking to keep it in Buffalo and since we did have so much fun last year we've decided to keep it in Buffalo this year as well.

Location, hands down the Ol' BMX Track. Simply put this place is wicked. The BMX track has decent straight aways, lots of dips, and jumps of all sizes to play on. If we find ourselves in need of something with more on-road capabilities this will be looked into and more sites will be added. Though as of right now, count on one day if not at least a half a day being spent at the BMX track.

Other activities will include just about the same as the first ECB. A trip over to Niagara Falls, and other sight seeing across the border to Canada, as well as our lovely dinners with the entire RCNT crew. (Hand puppets are welcome to attend as well).

As far as details goes, that's about it for the time being.

Information Needed:

There are a few things that are needed to be known if you plan on attending the RCNT Bash:

1. How many and what kind of R/C vehicle will you be bringing.
2. Which day(s) you plan on attending.
3. Radio details - AM or FM, channel or synthesized?
4. Shirt size (only if you plan on purchasing one.)
5. Do you like ponies or care bears?

Misc. Info/ Comments:

- This event is an 18 or older event. This is not because we don't like the younger crowd, but more so I don't like lawsuits over a minor getting hurt. This is nothing new as we did the same last year as well.

- RCNT Gray-ash t-shirts will be available at the bash for $10. That's more then a 35% off shop price, however to receive the shirt you must pre-order the shirt one month in advance with me, DO NOT place your order with the RCNT Shop, unless you don't want the savings. Do NOT send me money or order requests yet, more info will be available soon

- Check this post often as updates will be added as soon as we get them.

Possible Attendees:

[inwindow=325]https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/misc/ECB_attend.htm[/inwindow]

Pictures:

Some photos of the 1 definite site:

9bashsite3-med.jpg

9bashsite2-med.jpg

9bashsite1-med.jpg

Well Put me down for going... as long as Imbroken going which I believe he is....

I want a shirt.... I'm a fat bastard so if it comes in 3X... I think its a bit more money I'll pay....

I'm bringing my puppet riding in on a Blue Pony with sparkles in her hair....

I will have more details later.... I have to speak to my Girlfriend Imbroken LOL

1. Savage and Storm Pro.
2. All 3 days.
3. 75MHz FM Synth - JR XS3
4. 3XL. Will pay extra if needed.
5. Tough call. I have some love for both. :)

I have no problem with the dates. At this point I am about 90% sure I will be attending.

I know the issue has been raised in the past and you did not mentioned it but will there be a "fee" to attend? Or maybe donation to help defray any costs?

Originally posted by mcvickj
I know the issue has been raised in the past and you did not mentioned it but will there be a "fee" to attend? Or maybe donation to help defray any costs?

That's a very good question, and the answer is no. As of right now there is no reason for a fee or even donations, unless it's just for the site itself. Nothing right now is needed for the bash as Chris and I are not putting ourselves in spots where money is needed to be shelled out, except for the free give aways we'll have.

Thanks for asking.

-Michael

- This event is an 18 or older event. This is not because we don't like the younger crowd, but more so I don't like lawsuits over a minor getting hurt. This is nothing new as we did the same last year as well.

guess I'm out on this.

:(

Do you think we will have time for some special fun over there in canada?? I heard there is this place with a girl....and a purple pony...LOL nevermind.....

1. Savage SS and GS Storm.
2. Not Sure. Too early to tell. As many as possible
3. Radio AM Ch 90.
4. XL Shirt size.
5. care bears rock.

Count me in as well.... I wouldn't miss it...

1. 21 Tmaxx, Ofna Hyper 7 Pro PCR
2. Not sure as of yet..
3. JR FM Synthesized
4. 2x
5. ?????

Originally posted by msly
I will have more details later.... I have to speak to my Girlfriend Imbroken LOL

You can go play bag tag with Woodie & Christian buddy....

And this one is NY?

Oh nvm.. damnit, I'm only 15.. eh ok ..

I know the whole 18 and older sounds harsh, and trust me when I tell you, I would love to open the floodgates. However, I am certain that not everyone is insured under the AMA or AMB, so that being said....

As for the after hours entertainment..... THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT! If you all bring your better halves, and they are up for some Ladies club entertainment, there is a his/hers club by the falls. Downstairs is Mints while upstairs is Peppermints. But if its going to be just the guys, then there is someplace I will take you to that is MUCH closer to Buffalo istelf. Right over the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie. It will be a blast.

Rides I'm bringing:

Savage (FM Synth)
NTC3 (FM Synth)
Losi XXX-NT Drake (FM Synth)
Kyosho/Fioroni MP 7.5 (FM Synth)
CyberMaxx for showing of RC-Sol and so on.

As we get the attendance commitments together, we will start asking as to whether or not you want to have a BBQ etc.

As for the BMX track, you guys know the drill who were here. Its definately only an OFF ROAD area to run.

However, I do have a very clean venue for on-road. My work. We have a big parking lot, rather new (1 year old now) and I can close it off on Sat. or Sunday just for us.

Unlike last year, there will be a much larger Buffalo crowd than last year.

We may also give away a Fields Gift Certificate (That is my KickAss LHS). So you will want to spend it while you are here. The guys there are great!!!

I am proud to say that Buffalo, by default, is the HOME of the RCNT annual bash! Regardless of what Woodie says, there will be a bash here EVERY year hehehehe

Yea...what ever is decided I am sure we will have fun....I am half there for Bashing and half there for hanging out with you guys again....

I'm in! Radio: Airtronics M8 w/Novak Synth.
Bringing the MTX-3, Mammoth, & Maxx. Yes put me down for the shirt. I'll be there for the whole weekend with wife and kids.

Since I from the Buffalo area, I will try and make at least one of the days. It's hard to know that far in advance.

Savage

NTC3

Radio is up in the air right now. I'm looking to buy soon.

Maybe I missed it but what does the shirt design look like?

1. Working on it
2. Definately plan to make at least one day if not more
3. See #1
4. XL
5. Bear-must be black and have lots O' Blue:banana:

Since I am local as well, if I can be of assistance LMK

Still dont have frequencies.... got home at midnight....forgot to check but i did get it OKd by the chick. I'm definitly going 100% Still up in the air whether she goes. If we get the second bike by then I'll make team17 bring my RC crap up for me and me and the chick are 2 wheelin it to buffalo. Might just do it anyway and make her ride bitch if she dont pass the road test. hehe.

size 3X on the shirt please. Hoping to drop some tonnage by the end of summer but better to be big shirt on little body then little shirt on big body..... not a good look... nope, definitly not a good look.

Christian- What motels are there to stay at. I would like to make reservations now before it's too late and I have to stay at your house with my wife and 2 daughters (1) & (3). lol

Being as I didnt expect to put this out here so early, I havent had a chance to call a couple of the locals for a good rate. If I can get everyone to mostly stay at one place close, then I may be able to get a better rate.

I will get cracking on places to stay that are close.

McVick and Sly - Where did you guys stay last year?

Back