O.S. 18 vs TRX 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svo90

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what motor is better to run and why, I have a new 3.3 tmaxx with all bolt ons and i was given a os 18 motor and was told it was way better to run and that it would be faster than my 3.3.

thanks for the advice

i ran an OS .18tm in my old tmaxx. It has more torque and was just a great motor overall. Held a tune great and fired up quickly.

but is the os motor better than the 3.3 thats in my tmaxx now

Not really "better" as far as power is concerned. But it does start, run and tune like an OS. Starts easy, holds a tune like no other. A real pleasure of an engine to run. Not nearly as flaky as a TRX engine.

If I had to choose and they were both the same price, I'd go with the OS. Considering the OS18Tm is discontinued (OS is stupid for that one IMHO), I can't buy another. I really wish I could as I'd throw it in my jato.

well if i dont like it ill pm u haha

In that case, I hope you hate it and sell it cheap!

If you find that it's worn out... I need a crank case. Cracked mine and it's been sitting on a shelf ever since.

If you find that it's worn out... I need a crank case. Cracked mine and it's been sitting on a shelf ever since.

search ebay there is a os.18tm still in the box for 110 bucks, even though i paid less than that for mine new from lhs

search ebay there is a os.18tm still in the box for 110 bucks, even though i paid less than that for mine new from lhs

Wow nice my lhs still has a couple left but there priced at $199

A 3.3 is plenty of power to pop the front wheels on demand in a stock T-maxx, so unless you are going for the baddst on the block thang, why spend money on a .18OS. Does it have $200 more performance...not IMO.....

cracked the block in one of my savages. straightened the block then ground a small trough along the crack and filled it with jb weld. after 2 yrs it still runs like a champ.

cracked the block in one of my savages. straightened the block then ground a small trough along the crack and filled it with jb weld. after 2 yrs it still runs like a champ.

I was being generous... I snapped the mounting flange right off the engine and a decent chunk of the crank case went with it. JB weld isn't going to be strong enough to support the weight I don't think. A crack, maybe. An entire flange, I don't think so.

I was being generous... I snapped the mounting flange right off the engine and a decent chunk of the crank case went with it. JB weld isn't going to be strong enough to support the weight I don't think. A crack, maybe. An entire flange, I don't think so.

My money is on the JB weld...I put an aluminum boat together with it years ago..still no leaks...A friend glued a chunk of his head together with it...and it worked fine for yrs..till it was stolen..JB Weld is some amazing stuff..

yeah jb weld is so good it's still in the block of my dads 1:1 vega dragster. its been run through hell and its still in there

some 1 needs to take a completly modified trx3.3 motor vs. a stock O.S. .18 the trx 3.3 should be ported, polished, and the crankshaft drilled and filled with resin, and on top of that, a top of the line carburator should be added.

Ofna Picco .26 Maxx JL Red Dot. End of conversation...

J/K! I'd go with the OS. Always heard great things about their motors.

yea i want a red dot motor but can't find any of them anywhere

picco .26 all the way for none stop wheelies, i can pull a wheelie whilst moving with my new motor!!