ntc3 overheating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisfjr83

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a ntc3 that has some hop ups and a ported and polished 0s .18 and i can not keep the damn mill from overheating can any one help me out this is really starting to bug me so i am thinking of rebuilding my sirio .18 and put on there since i finally found some bearings for it so give me some help or any comments that you all my have about that mill swap

well first off we need a bit more info.

how old is it? is your body cut out for airflow? is it running to lean?

check for air bubbles in the lines, check for air leaks on the mill. seal the carb and backplate. take the carb apart and check for blockage.

let us know a bit more of the simptems

there are no air leaks and the everything about it is good i have checked everything out and it is all right and the motor was new last year when i bought it then ported and poilshed it before i ever ran it so i dont know what the deal could be and i am not even running a body on it and also running it a little a the rich side so i dont know what the problem could be and i also took it to my local hobby shop and they couldnt figure it out so what to do what to do somebody please help me

check the carb. may have some trash in it. how did you check for air leaks>?

beason said:
check the carb. may have some trash in it. how did you check for air leaks>?
I am with Beason here.. How did you check for the air leaks?

How are you checking for air leaks? This is a method that I have used to find airleaks with a problematic mill in the past ...

Get some Nitro cleaner and spray in one area at a time to find the airleak while the engine is running ...

• Behind the flywheel (front bearing)
  • Back plate
  • Base of the carb
  • Under the cooling head
  • LSN, HSN, Mid Needle (if applicable)

Where you spray and the engine dies when spraying that area is where the airleak is located. Of course, check the tank and tank seals as well as the fuel lines.

i went threw and put a little sealer around on the carbs and the heads to make sure that there was no leak and the carb is fine i have checked and also got a new one and rebuilt it could it have something to do with the porting and the polishing

has it always ran hot? how hot is it running?? do what diver says just to make sure you didnt miss any spots

the engine will heat up to about 250 in no time at all i guess that i will have to go back threw the engine check it again to make sure that i didnt miss a spot or should i just rebuild the sirio .18 and put on it

250 is just at running temp. do you shut it off then or does it level off?

no it keeps going up and up i had it a 300 one day and then i shut it off i was like that is just to hot to run this mill i even tried and richen it up and it just would not cool down for nothing so i kept it off for a while and let it cool down then i tried it again and it did the same thing so i am not sure

Last edited:
Did you check your tank? Best way to check the tack and lines is to attach them to a air filter from a fish tank and let the tank pressurize. You do the same thing with just the lines. Make sure that the tank is full with water. Indications of leaking is water will seep out of cracks

yes i checked my tank and it is ok i replaced and checked so i dont know where the leak is

My TZ runs alittle on the hot side too but it never cuts off becuase of it..Plus the power doesn't fade so..I keep running the mess out of it..I have never checked the temps with a temp gage or gun but the old spit test is a good idea of how hot it's running..

Mark

Back