Now I've seen everything....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now all we need are some micro servos and it can be the cheapest rc in the world.

I was hoping there would be a video on the site LOL

now that would be cool!:thumbsup:

actually if there was servos that small i am pretty sure taht they wouldnt be cheap. think of how small the controller would be!!

bryan

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Now all we need are some micro servos and it can be the cheapest rc in the world.

If you do a little research on that site, you should note that you can control it by the use of flash lights.

Flypower, been a while since I saw that site. Be sure to read the fly faqs, interesting stuff.

What the hell is that? Really, come on people, fly powered paper airplane?? I've seen it all now. This tops the aerosol spray on hair. Ridiculous, friggin ridiculous!
I bet the "inventors" were drunk one night and decided to ponder the deep thought of what would happen if you glue a fly's butt to a piece of paper. WAALAA, PRESTO, FLY POWER!!! Ron Popeil would be proud!

you know, I actually have one of their kits...I also got the ant bracelet.

I haven't used either one yet

No joke, it's true. Flys are very effecient power sources. Not only that, but they are the only living creatures that can land inverted. Their wings are hard wired to their feet. Once it's feet touch something, the wings stop flapping. to take off, they must jump to break contact and allow their wings to start up.

Plus they make tasty treats for venus fly traps.

you know, i tried to CA a fly's body to a piece of paper, leaving the wings intact, but if I recall, i glued a wing to the piece of paper, then said screw it and flooded the fly with CA and sprayed it with hardener...it didn't live

lol, I guess not. You can also freeze flys to anethstetize them. Also keeps them fresh for later "use" (whatever that might be).

personally i think this way is better

819fly.jpg

OMG tahts so tight! I want one/

i may make one tongiht or later this evening i will put out some rotton meat maybe and catch like six and glue them to the wing
and then i may pull out our halogens and see if they wont cricle the light

Just a few words of advice:

1) Don't use a razor blade like in the first photo (sure way to cut the hell out of yourself).
2) Good luck catching flies with a jar.
3) I highly doubt that they will fly with their feet glued to the wing.
4) Try to find a "matched set" of flies, or you'll experience thrust vector imbalances.

Also, I don't think the flies are gonna be all that happy (referance to last paragraph in instructions).

Good luck.
Whitt....

i bet it would work but thats just me

Back