Now i'M Starting to get pissed....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I get frigging at-least 10 emails a day with an attachment with latest so called Patch or update for microsoft. Every one know microsoft does not distribute Patches or security updates in this manor. Sum fucknut is trying to send virus's and worms etc.

Lets be real I don't think i have ever registered a OS with Microsoft ever. And its only going to my netzero email.

This has been going on for the last 2 weeks.

Everyone looks similar to this..
585microbull.JPG

I feel your pain. We have been having the same kinda problem here too. Of course any attachment that we see as harmful will be stripped at our e-mail server. We just purchased NAV Corporate. I must say this program is very slick. In conjunction with Novell when the user logs the client will install its self if it isn't detected. After that it will check for updated clients every so often. We have the clients setup to contact the server every 90 seconds to see if there is a new virus definition file.

Here is a link for this particular virus....
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Originally posted by mcvickj
I feel your pain. We have been having the same kinda problem here too. Of course any attachment that we see as harmful will be stripped at our e-mail server. We just purchased NAV Corporate. I must say this program is very slick. In conjunction with Novell when the user logs the client will install its self if it isn't detected. After that it will check for updated clients every so often. We have the clients setup to contact the server every 90 seconds to see if there is a new virus definition file.

Here is a link for this particular virus....
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Yea we strip out all bad attachments at work but this is hitting my home mail. Don't get me wrong I know better not to execute any files but damm when will the madness stop:madface:

Oh yeah I have been getting at least 10 to 15 pieces a day. I wish Charter would get on the ball and cut this off at the pass.

I too run NAVCE here at work. it's badass. it's a set it and forget it solution.

anyway, I have this service called "spamarrest". What you getting looks more like spam to me than a virus. They just want people to click the links. Click the link -> Click Yes install gator or just boost a ad counter thing. They may also be "fishing" some email boxes or turned off. They can't parse all of the incomming errors from SMTP servers because the return addresses are usualy junk and go no where. If you click the link an ID may be sent back to a database tells them that you're a "live fish". Your address then gets put into another list which is worth even more money "people who are listening" vs "dead email address"

Email marketing sucks. I have a personal service called spamarrest. It basically assumes all email is spam until the person listed in the "from:" frield proves he or she is a real person and not a spam robot. Once that person is appoved all email from that person gets through.

It's pretty sweet and I can count on one hand the number of advertising emails I've gotten since I singed up a year ago. It's easy to go in and block them too.

The only downside is that the person sending you email has to hassl with spamarrest initially.

Try it, send me an email:

[email protected]

It's a cool service with the only downsides being the sending party has an extra step the first email and it's not free.

-Rob

Back