Not So Hyped?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aSSOCIATED WANTED THE MONSTER GT TO LOOK LIKE A REAL OFF-ROAD TRUCK, THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE THE FAKE SHOCK RESIVORS.

I have two of them coming on Wed. So I will have a say as to my views. Untill then I will not say good or bad things about the truck. Talking out your butt about something you only are thinking is true is what destroys perfectly good products before they get a chance.

It is like the Black Plague, the more people that talk, the more it is spread.

I can say a few things just simply from studying the truck blueprints.

The tranny is out of a Tmaxx, exact gear ratios, and design on the top end. Just different material. I can't wait to put an OTB combo in it and see if it changes performance. The tranny design with the bevel gears is AWESOME. It takes all the stresses out of the tranny. The engine being sideways is good to, no more chassis flex destroying gear mesh.

The pull/EZ start is a great idea. The pullstart case is cast aluminum, that is a plus.

I think you all will be surprised in the long run of this innovation they have handed us, with AE everything has a reason.

But watch out BFT.....The new Losi with it's 1 inch bore shocks and 4 speed trans (high/low) is comin to get you.

This industry is great...

what are you badmouthin the thunder tiger 21? if its the same engine thats in my car it will (for shur)smoke all the cars you mentioned!:flamer:

after having mine for almost 6weeks now, it is atleast 100% better than a t-maxx, I have not found anyone with a savage to run against. Speed is faster than what RCCA said, the TT engine is great for being stock. I've only broken the front and rear bumper/skid plates screws. BFT, Bigger, yes it is. Faster, needs work. Tougher, heck yes.

I can honestly say that the Monster GT is a good truck but its definetly lacking power and strength in its parts + the radio Blows ...
A buddy of mine picked one up and after he was done breaking her in and tuning her we met for a day of some Monster Bashing.
My 1st impression was that it was a very nice looking rig but after a few runs with him (big jumps hard cornering long straights) i tryed the MGT myself and noticed its lack of power and handling compared to the SaVage . btw I'm running a savage.25 , 2nd thing i noticed that i didnt like was its flatpan chassis, looked really weak to me considering I've taking a couple of head on collisions with my sav into a pole by a jump we built , which i know his truck would have buckled. The truck handles ok but by the end of the day we left the pit and my truck was fine, his on the other hand had a broken shock tower from a big jump that i went over @ least a half dozen times:)
not here to bash the MGT i almost picked one up myself b4 i saw the price difference and size of engine :)
overall if your a MGT fan i say go with the rig if u plan on putting money into it to upgrade some parts to make it competitive with the other rigs but for the amount of money u have to put into this truck id go with the Savage or the hotbodies truck, least u get a better engine and parts for less money :)

sry bout the long post fellas

Hmmmm, I have to agree with the deal on the fake piggy backs....looks good but worthless, and the engine is mounted sideways, wonder how well that is going to work? I've read the review about the MGT in the December issue in RCCA, and they seem to give it a pretty high grade, but like Ed says until I actually have it to compare to my savage I can't really say, but I have considered buying one in the future, even if it's possibly more a beauty queen than anything else, only time and those who actually own one and post here will tell the truth about the MGT, I only hope it does as well as expected.

It seems that every body has an opinion about this truck or that truck. Fact is that anything r/c is fun, weather its a on-road car, off-road truck or monster truck. Fun is Fun, right?:hehe:

Sure fun is fun, but whats fun about it if you are always wrenching on your ride instead of bashing?? My Savage 25 is my first ever nitro r/c, don't get me wrong, I really like it, but before I just jump right in and buy another MT or car or any nitro powered r/c I am darn well going to find out all I can about it, positive and negative feed back is good info...........

I guess it depends on how you drive and what you own and how many. Every truck has a weak spot or something someone does not like about it. HPI is not knowen for making great monster trucks or other wise why did they come out with a replacement only a year later? AE is not knowen for making monster trucks either, but are knowen for making winning trucks and cars and buggys. To some winning is everything to others looks are everything and to some it just don't matter. Its going to be the same when Losi releases their monster truck too. Remember if you dont break it, your not playing with it right.

HPI not known for making a great monster truck??? And why introduce a new one a year later!!?? The 25 is a revamped 21, with all the improvements (not a replacement), so what if it's only been a year, they listened to the customer feed back and did something about it! And yea AE isn't known (yet) for making MT's, but all the companies had to start somewhere didn't they? I think if AE is serious about the MT market it won't be long before they release a new revamped version of the MGT kinda like HPI has done with the 21 to the 25..............ofcoarse I may be wrong, it has happened before ya know. :smoke:

I saw my first Monster GT at a local track about the first week of December. It ran in the "T-Maxx" class up against Maxx's and a Savage or two. The Monster GT was the winner of the 10 minute main. The only one that was giving him any competition was a modified T-Maxx, I don't recall seeing any stock parts on it other than the transmission.

The Monster GT performed noticeably better on the track than the modified T-maxx which seemed too bouncy and unpredictable on landings. The Monster GT appeared to handle all the jumps, bumps and corners very well. When I spoke to the driver, he said the only modification was a set of Bowties and dish rims.

Just a single observation, but I think the Monster GT will be a fierce competitor in the monster truck arena.

WEll,

I've seen them @ the Hobby store and they looked like a T-maxx that's factory beefed up. THe tranny is bigger, the chassis looks stonger. I don't think AE is going to put out something half ass. I think it's going to be great monster truck comp and @ the least their will be allot of factor Team hop-ups. My cousin bought one a week ago and he's coming over in three days to let me "evalutate" it..lol. I'll let ya guys know.

I do totally agree with everyone that the "fake" piggyback shocks are a total joke. Of all people I'd think Team Associated wouldn't be slapping Hobbiest's in the face like that. I'll probably end up buying one.

Peace

Back