Nos????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The JagRC RC NOS system hasn't shipped yet. They are supposed to be shipping this month. I don't know if anyone here has ordered one, but I'm tempted to fiddle with it.

Anyway, it's hard to compare a product that hasn't shipped yet. :D

No dis to anyone but I wouldn't touch NOS in my "GLOW ENGINES" with a ten foot pole....you couldn't give me that NOS kit..lol. I've run it in many cars over the years with great sucess but you need a precise and exact mixture of EXTRA fuel and NOS and I don't think that kit is going to deliver. If anything it will be running to rich which is better then running lean and experiencing engine detonation.

Glow engines and standard combustion engines are two different animals. Their hasn't been enough long term R&D and really R&D in general into their product (by their own accounts. If you want more power get a bigger engine and/or a proper mod. Either way I'm sure plenty of people will by it and I'd be curious as to how it works out with the members.

Peace

Last edited:
yeah use your car as a gunnie pig if it blows sky high tell us so we dont make the same mistake.

also u do kno mip boost bottles are *NOT* nos!:preachin:

Those both do nothing. The MIP gives the little bit of performance which is un-noticeable and the Nitrous (NOT NOS) kit will probably run your engine so hot...kaboom..*hand me another :ale: *

Save your money for something worthwhile.
*Refilling Nitrous isnt a cheap alternative.*

Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen
Those both do nothing. The MIP gives the little bit of performance which is un-noticeable and the Nitrous (NOT NOS) kit will probably run your engine so hot...kaboom..*hand me another :ale: *

Save your money for something worthwhile.
*Refilling Nitrous isnt a cheap alternative.*

I agree bro, I've run every damn boost bottle on the market in the past with NO noticable anything in performance gain. As for the "BETA" NOS kit.....don't come whinning in here if/when your expensive 39,000-50,000 prm motor goes KA-BLOOMIE.

Peace

I have another thought.

WHERE THE FC*K YOU GONNA REFIL A TINY ASS BOTTLE OF NITROUS? LOCAL GAS STATION?

They don't refill, they get thrown out. You have to purchase more bottles.

Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen
I have another thought.

WHERE THE FC*K YOU GONNA REFIL A TINY ASS BOTTLE OF NITROUS? LOCAL GAS STATION?

They use those little "REDI-Whipp" bottles that they sell at the head shops...lol.

Peace

Well basically glow engines are mini diesel engines (sorta) diseal engines run off glow power and I havent seen anyone put NOS on a freightliner yet so well see.

I am new to the nitro rc scene but i wanted to ask you guys a question. I have a 2000 ford f250 and i do have a 125 shot of nitrous oxide on the truck. NOS is injected at -127 degrees farenheight so it does have good cooling properties. And on a compression combustion engine(such as a diesel) it acts as a cylinder lubricator, just like propane.(propane has been used forever in the diesel scene such as tractor pulls and high performance diesel apps. So ( and i dont know the answer) if a glow engine is really like a diesel and you could use a the small backpressure pump off of a 5 horse briggs and stratton engine with a small ball valve connected to the same servo as the nitrous system. It would be possible to use the spare channel to activate the nos and increase fuel to the engine. Let me know what you guys think. Yall are the rc gods, i just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Bye the way just bought a savage 25. Cool truck. Later----------Josh

Well,

I've run various NOS sytems (dry, wet..direct port ect) in various street driven race cars over the years. Standard combustion engines, diesel egnines and GLow engines are similar in many ways but have some FUNDAMENTAL differences.

WHen I c some definite R&D evidence of proper additional fuel and NOS mixture then we'll c. Until then, kuddos to anyone who has the EXCESS cash and lack of commmon sense to run a undeveloped NOS system on their nitro engine.

EDIT - THe Supercharger has proper research and development. I wouldn't run one personally but I'd run a SuperCharger ANY DAY before I'd put ANY nos in my glow engines.

CIAO

how do theese work do u like press a button or wat?
-tylerjae

did you guy swatch the videos? 8-0 wierd mabey they do work...

Originally posted by mtman50
how do theese work do u like press a button or wat?
-tylerjae

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not making fun, or anything, but that has got to be the dumbest question I've heard in my whole time on this great board. Someone here watches too much ricer videos-not you Kwong-but the nitrous is really stupid. Close this damn discussion WoodiE please! I bet you want the flames to shoot out of your pipe too, and do you want a green eclipse to max at 140? Keep dreaming.

God people stop saying NOS. Your acting like ricers just slinging that term around. Its Nitrous. If you are saying NOS it needs to be referring to the Brand.

Originally posted by Waste Land
God people stop saying NOS. Your acting like ricers just slinging that term around. Its Nitrous. If you are saying NOS it needs to be referring to the Brand.

WEll god dude stop being Mr. Literal...lol. Yes, Technically NOS is the brand with the trademark'd blue bottle but who gives a chit. I've run most every Nitrous System on the Planet, Nos Nitrous Express, Zex etc. It's a universally understood acronym amongst "speed freaks" and the only people that every correct anyone on the subject are literal asses on the net. Can't we all just get a bong.hehe.

Silent - Lol bro. For the record, we got a mid generation Eclipse to top out @ 155 with mod'd cpu and no rev and speed limiter...lol but true. Man I hate the new and older Eclipse's....who would want to invest 80K in one ala The Fast and The Furious.

Peace

no NOS is a well known term for RICERS who usually call slapping a wing and a muffler on their car a hopup

Originally posted by Waste Land
no NOS is a well known term for RICERS who usually call slapping a wing and a muffler on their car a hopup

LMFAO DUDe...that's one of the most idiotic Generalization's
that I've heard in recent years. No need to elaborate. The term "hop-up" is generally reserved for RC cars so you obviously don't know what in the phuck your talking about. Next time you wanna act like an butthead please choice a subject that your better versed in.

CIAO

I can see both ways I under stand waste lands point but its not that big of a deal most people would reconize NOS as a thread name than Nitrous.