Nos????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by KoRnKiD
I can see both ways I under stand waste lands point but its not that big of a deal most people would reconize NOS as a thread name than Nitrous.

WHaddup bro,

My panties aren't in a bunch..hehe. I just can't stand it when people try to degrade and correct other's @ every PATHETIC oportunity...lol. DUDE, stop calling it NOS man....it's nitrous...lmfao. I have no personal issues with this person but I c this kind of jagoff behavior on the net all the time and especially in forums in a genre that's popular with the young and older.

I don't know what I'm talking about I promise, I didnt build an Eclispe GSX engine with a friend of mine. I dont see where you get the term "hop-up" is used for cars. I've heard that all my life. I've grown up and drag racing. Mostly domestics and drag bikes. I'm just saying I hate it when people say NOS other than the brand. I get sick of being asked if I got NOS on my car, and these little 12 year olds who see "the gay and the curious" and ask me how fast a car would go on NOS!!! You must not hear the term like I do in ur place of life. Its just that everytime a car convo comes up in my town someone is gonna ask the question "They got NOS" errrrr I wanna strangle these people. Misunderstanding between the both of us i guess. I'm just so sick of ricers

what do you considered hopped up wasteland????

Hoped Up? are we taking real cars well if we are...we built a blown up 4g63 GSX engine from a 96 Eclispe GSX. Bored .40 over. Wiseco low compression pistons with Eagle Rods. A T28 killa turbo(1 1/4 bar i think now) Made the engine a Frankenstien when we put a 1st gen DSM head and all top end of the engine off of a Lazer. We are talking a good 350 AWD HP here. Not at the fly wheel where alot of Manufactors rate it at. All we now now is a DSM link to make it more reliable.
326366-med.jpg

Last edited:
not too bad, nuilding a chevy 350 bored out 60 over with the edelbrock intaka cam and carb, header chevy feartherweight heads that i think have been proted and polished. sit the and spin 33'' mud tires through 3 gears of an 700r4 automatic

Originally posted by Mudbug
not too bad, nuilding a chevy 350 bored out 60 over with the edelbrock intaka cam and carb, header chevy feartherweight heads that i think have been proted and polished. sit the and spin 33'' mud tires through 3 gears of an 700r4 automatic
GSX on the baldest tires still doesn't spin just leaves the line like its nothing with 350hp, not even a sweak with good tires on it. Not to familar with many domestic parts but sounds rather nice. I dont know naythign about domestic trans. but have heard about everything else you u listed.Alot of people on here are good with RCs and think they know everythign about realcars too, lol. I think 30%Nitro thought i was just bluffing, lol We're cool right 30?

Last edited:
Well, I’d take a 2003 mustang svt over a civic any day. It's just the principle of the thing. I've never been fortunate enough to have the cash to have a high end anything. But man, if you call an in-line 4 anything but a "put-put" car then you aren't a fan of good ol Detroit iron. A 454 big block doesn't need Nitrous to pull in high 8's or low 9's. It just uses a shiteload of high octane fuel.

Man, its sunday. Cut me some slack.

I did watch the vids and they were relatively impressive. I'd like to see the engine life though.

Whaddup guys,

Well I wont elaborate as the thread has deviated off subject enough..lol. Wasteland - It's all good bro. I totally c where you coming from and especially with all the little kiddos asking....."hey dude, are you running NOS MAN"....lol.

Back to the subject @ hand.

I think the guys with the Nitrous KIt for Nitro Glow engines are getting a rich condition where they have more fuel then they need for the Nitrous. THis isn't bad persay but it's not good. A lean condition where you don't have the proper ammout of extra fuel will cause detonation and cause serious damage to you engine and eventually grenade said engine. In a rich condition on a real car you'll still foul your plugs like crazy and your engine won't be getting nearly as much power as it should from the Nitrous. Again, I think their kit is still in the R&D stages and ISN'T ready for the public without allot more research. If you run their system then more power to you but do so @ your own risk knowing that you could be seriously phucking up an expensive nitro engine.

Peace

There is no replacement for a well tuned, and well ported/designed engine.

It seems as though most people with a Nitro RC vehicle can't tune them NA, much less tune something with fog on it.

Its really a rediculous topic.... One I am embarrased to even take part in, but what can I say....:burp:

Bill .....LOL bro and painfully true. Yeah, some people definitely need to properly tune their engines NA before looking into a boost or fog application..lol. Not much can beat an agressively ported and well mod'd engine that screams like a Banshee in a NA state.

I'm off to get a Supercharger and NOS and slap it onto a MOD'd Picco outlaw .26...lol.

Peace

Naturally Aspirated brotha....

Peace

Originally posted by olds97_lss
Well, I’d take a 2003 mustang svt over a civic any day. It's just the principle of the thing. I've never been fortunate enough to have the cash to have a high end anything. But man, if you call an in-line 4 anything but a "put-put" car then you aren't a fan of good ol Detroit iron. A 454 big block doesn't need Nitrous to pull in high 8's or low 9's. It just uses a shiteload of high octane fuel.
one more off topic post for me....I'd take SVT iver a civic anyday aswell. 4 cyclinders = real fast with crazy PSI with good gas milage. I mean everyone has their points of view. I love muscle as well. my dad owned a '66 Chevelle SS all original, 396 750 holley double pumper. But you gotta remember the thigns that most 454 come in are extremely heavy. ok I'm done with the off topic, lol....I just dont think N20 on these engie will work good. I mean you'll have to set ur car super rich to keep from killing the engine while using nitrous but u wont always be using the nitrous so untill u are spraying ur car will be running like poop

363House_and_yard_pictures_from_July_31__2002_013.jpg

363IM002728.jpg

If we're gonna post cool pics........:hehe:

I never sprayed it at the track, but it was an easy 10.60 car on the motor. Probably a mid 9 second car with the 250 horse shot on it.

bh....thinking I like fog.

Well damn bill...now who's off topic..hehe. Nice pics man, I always have been and always will be a huge fan of Detroit muscle. NOS can be great if you know wtf your doing. Nothing quite a fun as doing a wheelie off the line in a drag car that has chassis twisting toruqe and a phucking sound that instils fear into other drivers when you rev @ them..lol.

My RX-7 will do high 9's @ sea level with relative ease assuming I'm runnig at least 19lbs of boost and am putting 544 or more HP to the wheels and running slicks. I love the wankel engines. I've done a 9:54 @ sea level on street tires but that almost turned out to be a literal diaster. My next project is a Detroit hot rod but we haven't decided on the car yet.

FYI....It wil probably be MOPAR as I'm no fan of phucking ford. I respect the mean Fords that I've seen over the years but would never run one.

Peace

That is one sweet ride Bill.

Looks like my maxx off the line... trying to vear back to the topic. I don't think it's working though.