No response to throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo jake

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hay guys bought a used revo 3.3 and dosnt respond to transmitter signals only steering it can correct it if i manually offset it but seems like its ignoring the transmitter I've tried switching the wires from steering and throttle but it still does the same thing but it knows idle cuz he corrects it is it a transmitter problem or receiver cuz servos are good

Sounds like a receiver issue to me, but your run-on description makes it hard to know for sure.

So are you saying the throttle will move with the trim button? If so, it sounds like the potentiometer for the trigger went bad. It this a nitro RC? You mention idle, but it's hard to understand what you are saying.

Yea sorry its a revo 3.3 yea when i turn on the receiver the throttle corrects itself but theres no response to the transmitter. The steering works fine.

So when you swapped wires, I assume the throttle worked with the knob, but the steering wouldn't work with the trigger? If so, bad trigger in transmitter.

sound like radio issue not receiver.
so steering works
throttle does not
when you swap channels steering dont work via throttle lever?
throttle will work via steering wheel yes

Ill actually try the wire switching again cuz the throttle still didn’t work but the steering worked with the transmitter wheel. i dont know I might have had the wrong wires I’ll watch more videos and see but I'm not home today ill try it tomorrow.
Thanks alot guys
I'm pretty sure its the transmitter too cuz its kind old already ill try binding it with my friends transmitter

Ill actually try the wire switching again cuz the throttle still didn’t work but the steering worked with the transmitter wheel. i dont know I might have had the wrong wires I’ll watch more videos and see but I'm not home today ill try it tomorrow.
Thanks alot guys
I'm pretty sure its the transmitter too cuz its kind old already ill try binding it with my friends transmitter
Does your friend have the same transmitter? If not it may not be able to bind.

If you end up needing a new one you might want to look at the Flysky GT3b

Yea I tried switching wires again and yea its my transmitter. i have it in pieces now looking for a disconnected wire butit looks fine. Its the old style without bluetooth so it’s different from the inside. I've been thinking of swapping for a newer one anyway thanks again guys means alot

The Flysky GT3B is cheap, and a great radio. I just bought a second one off Amazon for $43. Receivers are only like $9 each also.

Channel one is steering channel 2 throttle. Did you check servo, maybe servo died or gears stripped and that's why not moving throttle

Channel one is steering channel 2 throttle. Did you check servo, maybe servo died or gears stripped and that's why not moving throttle
The servo corrects itself when he turns on the car. And he has swapped cables on the Rx and found out it's the Tx. Problem solved.

Back