No radio connection from control to car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirttrackin280h

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,
I have an HPI Savage X 4.6 Big Block which was bought BRAND NEW last week. I was driving today for a couple of hours, I shut it off, when I went to re-start the truck, it started, but I had no radio control connection? When I turned the truck receiver on, I saw the wheels move, which is normal. BUT, the radio wouldn't control the truck? No gas, no steering?? I put BRAND NEW batteries in both, truck and radio. Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance! :bow:

Check your crystals. There should be one in the receiver and the transmitter. Check to see if they came lose. If thats not it you may have a bigger problem.

I checked both crystals, and they seem to be fine. What do you think is my bigger problem? By the way, sorry to change the topic. I have had the 1 way bearing for starting go out 3 times in a week. Any idea why?? The hobby shop said it's the fuel, too much oil. Nothing but trouble since the first day I purchased this machine. My cousin wants to buy one, I'm thinking he shouldn't since all this has gone wrong in 1 WEEK!

Also check to see if everything is plugged into the receiver properly. But if that doesn't fix it you may have got a bad receiver or transmitter. Can't believe I forgot that. As for the one way bearing what method are you using to start it? Roto-start or a pull start? If its Roto-start thats the reason why probably. Just convert it to a pull start and you should be fine. As for the Savage it was a great choice. Being new to nitro can be very frustrating just have patience and you will find it to be alot of fun.

Well.. I figured out the problem. The crystals were bad. The guy at the hobby shop said there like a light bulb, one big hit and there gone. Now the truck is up and running again like it should! Thanks

try putting batteries in the car also not just the controller, may want to consider new radio anyways the stock one sucks