Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc legend

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi,i would like to change from Rotary to slide,
Does anyone know if its easy or not?or can anyone give me instructions on how to do this?
my car is a 1.10 monster truck.

Many Thanks

You could do, but its finding a carb that'll fit your car- and you'll have to change all of the linkages. Why is it that you want to do this?

You could do, but its finding a carb that'll fit your car- and you'll have to change all of the linkages. Why is it that you want to do this?
all my engines ha
i have all slides on my joblot of engines so was wandering it was an easy thing to do as i had a ro
tary one before.

all my engines ha

i have all slides on my joblot of engines so was wandering it was an easy thing to do as i had a ro
tary one before.
It's not really an easy thing to do if your going to put the engine in a vehicle designed for a rotary carb, it's just best to keep it stock. But if you're gonna use the engine in a slide carb designed buggy then it makes sense. :)

Got a photo of your truck that shows it? Some are easier than others. The t-maxx started with a rotary with a bent wire that went over the spur. Then they added the pivot post to connect to the slide carb. If you have the space, it can probably be done. You will obviously have to replace the carb completely. Depending on the engine... may not be worth it. If it's an OS, their carbs are priced like gold. It's warranted as their carbs tune really well, but still, makes it costly and probably make more sense to buy a new engine. I have my OS18TM carb on my 3.3 right now. Tuned so much better.

Got a photo of your truck that shows it? Some are easier than others. The t-maxx started with a rotary with a bent wire that went over the spur. Then they added the pivot post to connect to the slide carb. If you have the space, it can probably be done. You will obviously have to replace the carb completely. Depending on the engine... may not be worth it. If it's an OS, their carbs are priced like gold. It's warranted as their carbs tune really well, but still, makes it costly and probably make more sense to buy a new engine. I have my OS18TM carb on my 3.3 right now. Tuned so much better.
Yes, a picture would be helpful.

Attachments

• 20150923_104333_5_bestshot.jpg
    20150923_104333_5_bestshot.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
thanks guys,will get a picture up sometime today

here is my truck,rather basic i know but would love
to get it working again.
The way that servo is mounted is perfect for fitting a slide carb, you'll need a throttle linkage setup like so:
(Ignore the arrows, its just the linkages and horn, and the way it's connected to the engine)
IMG_6604.jpg

You may have to flip your servo around so it lines up better. You will need a X horn or at least an L horn and may need to refigure your brake lever so you can have one wire go over the horn and one under the horn so they don't bang into each other.

You may have to flip your servo around so it lines up better. You will need a X horn or at least an L horn and may need to refigure your brake lever so you can have one wire go over the horn and one under the horn so they don't bang into each other.
Agreed