Newbie needs advice on purchase

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best way to hold your wallet with this hobby is give your wallet to your wife if you know your going to your LHS :)

The rusty is everything you described. You don't really need 4wd unless you want to bash in the snow. That's why I'm selling my rusty and gettin' a maxx. I love the snow and so do my RC's! :banana:

If you're going to be backyard bashing, the team losi XXX nt sport rtr is the best pick at 450 which includes a two channel radio, a mock .15 engine, full start, a fully painted body. its one of the most popular rtrs out there. powerful engine great car durability is high. loads of hop ups.

Keep in mind that 2 wheel drive vehicles don't run in snow that is very deep. Also, i noticed that unless the grass is really short, my xxx-nt has a tendency to over heat from dragging on the grass.

:doh: Don't bang your head to hard on this one. I have both, the T-maxx and the Savage. I also have a stadium truck. The monsters are by far my favorites. The Savage is by far more durable than the Maxx in stock form. I'm sure as you can probably tell from all of the different replies to your post, everybody has there own preferences.You can also tell that they both will break at some time, but I have had better luck with my Savage. As far as working on them the Maxx is a little more easily wrenched on, but the Savage isn't to bad. It's definitely worth the small amount of extra work. Tuning wasn't a problem for me on the Savage either. I also know that Hpi has first class support. I know this from experience. My motor came from the factory without locktite on the back plate so it tore up my motor. I called them up and they told me to send it in and they would fix it. Believe it or not, I had my motor back in a week, no cost to me, and no questions asked.

I'm not saying the T-maxx is a bad choice, not by a long shot. I just think the Savage IS that much better.

As far as a monster or a stadium, think of it this way, a monster will go anywhere a stadium will go, only more.

Good luck and have fun with what ever you get. That's what it's about any way. :fro:

Back