New T-Maxx 3.3 no reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnc73

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've just finished breaking in my new T-Maxx after tuning it I noticed it doesn't have reverse. When I flip the switch up on my 2.4gHz controller the servo isn't moving and when I accelerate nothing is happening.

Do newer T-Maxx models not come with reverse or is something defective with mine ?

Thanks for any info
-JC

the new 3.3's dontt have reverse its junk and they made sure to keap it out on the new model..

+1 on the junk part!! Lucky you for not having it from the beginning. Yeah, new 3.3 trans doesn't have it, only the older 2.5 black trans. If you only have the steering servo and the t/b servo, then you dont have it.

do you have a reverse servo in the post you say the servo isnt moving then thats a problem check thats first

the new 3.3's dont come with reverse.. he might of been looking at the wrong servo or something..

the new 3.3's dont come with reverse.. he might of been looking at the wrong servo or something..

Lucky you if you don't have reverse it's crap and will give you nothing but problems. The micro servo that controls the forward and reverse are trash and don't last. I stripped the reverse out of mine and most people do cause of all the issue's plus I never ever used it.

Getting rid of reverse was the best thing Traxxas did for the T-Maxx and Revo in a long time. It was a twitchy system that caused idle issues and added a lot of extra weight in the transmission that was not needed. The first of the 3.3s still had reverse but once they lengthened the chassis they ditched it. Saves them money and the biggest majority of the customers are happier. I call that win-win

definetly!!! Reverse is fine in electric but I think they would have to rethink it in nitros.. If they could make it not mess with the truck as much it might be more likely to get kept in the rigs but until then bye-bye reverse in nitros..

If you still want reverse there are already the mounts for it and there is a random rubber cover where the shaft went. I personally would like to advise you not to do the reverse conversion simply because t maxx's typically have the problem of sticking in reverse and sometimes even though the servo has pulled and disengaged the gear will be still in place and when your flipping the switch back in forth to get forward gear it will break some teeth. and then you have broken pieces of plastic jamming and ruining other gears.. nothing wrong with getting some exercise and just jog alittle to flip it over hah.

But yeah dont worry about it its not really an advantage having reverse, sure it will save you a run but it will cost you later on.

reverse is nothing but truble . if you have it get rid of it .as everybody else said nothing but junk.

the Reverse is Crappy Crap.... you can convert back to it if you want..... but it only adds weight and unreliablity ..... when you step your game up I can build you a bullet proof Tranny...

the Reverse is Crappy Crap.... you can convert back to it if you want..... but it only adds weight and unreliablity ..... when you step your game up I can build you a bullet proof Tranny...
Yeah it is called Robinson Racing.... you have a better option?

Of course! He's another new guru!! He will hand make custom diamond tranny gears for him. I'm going back to the bat cave. Over this.

Yeah it is called Robinson Racing.... you have a better option?

Yes.... I use their gears sometimes..... I have a few sets of custom composite gears too.... I also have a few set of HD SHAFTS I had made up that have a better Locking system then just the pin and C-clip

Back