New shoes!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I picked up the Mayhem 7 rims today and also had some panthers I thought I might try. I used the pro line 2 stage foams in them and it feels like they are going to do well. I am going to try to get a run in tomorrow. Anyway here is a couple crappy cell pics I couldnt find the camera.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

nice rims. not my foam choice for cougars but they should do pretty good. Hope these fit narrower than those other rims you had :hehe:

Ya brings me back to 10.25 wide egde of tire to edge. I just figured I might try these foams with them. Have you tried that set up yet lloyd?

well not those rims but ya I've run the proline 2 stage in the cougars, they folded to much for me and they are just too tempature sensitive but we have cold then hot then cold then hot lol but you should be good since its always warm there. but then again my rig is right at 8 lbs, if yours is lighter or if you dont have a bunch of side hilling stuff to do then they might be perfect, i know that mine was perfect for forward bite, just folded on side stuff.

Looks good Brandon, Just hope you don't end up not liking the way the rovers work and have to change Ur tires, LOL!! 128 screw to take out and put back in, no thanks!!!!

I only used 8 on the insides of the rim and 16 on the outside for looks. I doubt the panthers will do as well as the rovers because of the folding like lloyd said but they feel pretty stiff so we will see what happens. I will be testing them tonight.

i prefer their forward bite on the right foams compared to rovers but i like the rovers height better.

i prefer their forward bite on the right foams compared to rovers but i like the rovers height better.

The tire from the ground when the rig is sitting to the top of the tire with these rims is about 4 7/8" I measured my axle height with the rovers and with the panthers with this foam set up and its only about 7/8" difference. Rovers were right at 2" from bottom of axle to the ground in the middle of the axle and the panthers were 1 7/8"

what foams were in your rovers? i have mine stretched out pretty good though lol.

The same ones. They are still fairly new.

They worked very well! I was actually suprised. I am going to run them at the next comp. Here is some foldover shots. Thats about as much as I could get it to fold.

SANY8196Medium.jpg

SANY8197Medium.jpg

SANY8198Medium.jpg

SANY8199Medium.jpg

how much does your rig wiegh? looks like they will work great!

I'm not sure how much it weighs all together. I have the 7's they say they are 5.1oz each and i have 5 oz in each front and 2 in each back plus the rig weighs about 4 pounds I think. So estimating id say like 6-8 pounds roughly.

I don't know how hard but you've run the truck so far but a couple of people at the comp at the weekend were grumbling about the Cougars pulling out of their beadlocks. I can't say it bothered me with mine, but I run a slipper so the tyres don't get snarled up so bad.

Also some people found the Dual Rate foams to be too hard (the outer part, obviously the inner part is supposed to be!!), I run Proline memory foams around some 1/10 touring car 26mm hard foams on mine - the 26mm foams were a devil to fit, but they work like a charm :D

I doubt they will lose a bead in these rims ;) 32 screws per wheel

Yeh I hear ya, I'm running Mayhem Phatties with the rolling weights on my Comp rig and even with 8 screws in each side the beads hold pretty darned well. Mayhem make a good beadlock :)

Grip and flex-wise I found the Panther Cougars were excellent. Got awesome traction on my rig. I think of you can get them in the beadlocks, and keep them in there, and get the right foams inside them to give them a bit of sidewall, they are an awesome tyre.

I agree. Mayhem is only 20 minutes from me how did I get so lucky to live 20 minutes from mayhem and Amain lol

Back