new shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin2048

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey everyone. the shocks on my t maxx are shot. they are 2-3 years old and i need new ones badly. i just dont know what ones to get. I'm tired of my rear skidplate getting huge gashes from it bottoming out from light acceleration and sticks getting rammed up in the skidplate, jamming the drive line, and flipping my truck at high speeds. my a arms are also taking a beating. i mostly drive my truck on grass and sometimes pavement. i drive my truck hard too, hard acceleration, fast over grass and rocks, up hills and what not. my truck gets a lot of abuse. any recommendations for some good shocks for that? I'm on a budget too

traxxas big bores... as for a-arms def get rpm!!! RPM all the way!!!

last time i checked big bores were 100 bucks. i think ill get the springs first and put em on my old shocks then upgrade to big bores when i get the money

lol last time i checked was about 3 years ago in my old house when i first got my truck. i was flipping through the traxxas catalog that came with my truck

I run the Big Bores with the Raven dual rates. I like this set up. Sometime I will combine the dual rates with the stock shocks for a different "feel".

well

well it seems to me that ,you need to decide what you whant .... be air or good handling,,,,,,,,, i myself prefere a little bit of both ,,,,,,,,,, i would rebuild the shock with thicker oil get some new spring make 4 softer then the other and swith them around,,,, skid plates are made to take the abuse,,,,,,,,,,, thats my two cents.:D

well i dont get much air with my truck. i could use the handling more but i am thinking of buildin a ramp

$$$$$$$$$

keep in mind ,,,,,,, you build a ramp make sure you have spare arts for your truck, lol :D