New pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxman58

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Got my dynimate platinum 053mr for my picco .26 and the manifold hits my rpm shock tower. do i have to get a bb chassis or is there any other way to fit it?

I've done it, but it was not easy. I'm pretty sure you should ditch the RPM towers. Go with an Alu set. I am using FLM shock towers. You will need to mod the header. its made of a soft Alu that you will be able to bend. Bend it in a manner that mimics the stock header. take a close look at how I bent this header.
DCP_2197-2.jpg

The towers in this photo were a set of UE. since then I went to FLM. I did have to take a dremel to them to get them to clear.

Be careful with it like that you want a down hill run normally to allow extra fuel to drain out.

i would not want to mess up my pipe and i might go with a bb

Yeah the pipe pictured above is no good, you should never have to mod the pipe in such a way like that because you might not get the adequit gravity jive to let the excess fuel/oil run out.

What's wrong with it? as long as it's not flooding all the time I don't see any difference in how the oil will flow. The exhaust pressure will help clear the pipe just like any buggy or truggy set up.

I dont get the fuss about gravity. I assure you that I have no problems with oil build up in side the pipe even with a very rich LSN and letting it idle. You bought the pipe, I assumed it was to install in a T maxx. If you want to fit it on a stock 3.3 chassis I see no other way. If ue were to make a run of monoblocks that would be ideal, but thats not likely gonna happen. I've been running like this for some time now as this is the second picco its been installed on. (ignore the date on pic)

What did you do to the manifold to make it fit?

Get with racer1966 on this forum. he make a real nice adaptor. or there is a "hack" method. just simply stack a small block gasket under the BB gasket. Stock up on these gaskets because you will tear them up.

He bent it in a manner that mimmicked the stock header. As stated in his first reply.;)

Dub c-can i get a pic from the top I'm trying to see the shape you bent it to

This would be the best pic I have to show the bend. it was not a major bend or nothing drastic or complicated. I simply secured the engine end with a vice, put a socket inside the pipe end and bent it. Lets say that the header is a half circle still with a downward bend at the end. Take a close look at this pic, you can see a bulge at the top most part of the header. that is a result of the socket used inside of it. Its simple really, just a bit of test fitting and patience.

Back